1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was Houston doing any talks with Lakers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3, Feb 23, 2001.

1. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I heard that the rockets were close to dealing Walt Williams and Langhi for Robert Horry. Is that true?

------------------
    "Break off the block like Maurice Green" --- Steve Francis

President of the Moochie Norris fan club.

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Why the hell would LA do that? Sure they need shooters, but at this point, Horry is a better 3 pt shooter than Walt... Horry can be a PF or SF...

------------------
    Check out my homepage! Loads of sports pics!

http://www.public.asu.edu/~sykim/

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Walt is 13th in the league at 3-pt percentage, at 40.7%. Horry is at 36%.

4. Toast

Toast Member

I don't think the Lakers are too concerned about their ability to put the ball in the basket. Horry has Finals experience, and he always steps it up a notch come playoff time.

I wish the Lakers were dumb enough to make a trade like this. Say what you want about Horry's heart & work ethic, I like the guy. I dunno if he and Hall of Famer Calvin Murphy could stand spending so much time together though ;-)

------------------
    Founding Father of the
    Refs Suck Club

5. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

The Lakers better be worried about putting the ball in the basket. When teams sag down on them, or the Spurs come to town in the postseason and shut down Shaq, Kobe can't be the only option. And Horry is so injury prone and frail and they probably want to have a "true" SF like Walt who is a poor man's Rice. Plus an athletic 6-10 SF like Langhi would develop well in the Lakers system. That's why I want to keep Langhi. Why would we want Horry though!!??

------------------
    Dream a deadly Dream. . .

6. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

O'Neal has worked the Spurs the last two times they played, I don't think the Lakers are concerned about that.

Plus, remember last year, Horry slept through the entire season before stepping it up in the post-season. And when you consider that Rider and Fox have actually started playing, they don't need Walt.

------------------
    The Rockets will be the NBA champions. Believe.