1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors looking to make a statement to the league Wednesday night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

who knows. the conversation could easily be about something from earlier in the game or some kind of comment that Draymond made from the bench. there doesn't have to be a logic to it.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The 'ole, "Who knows, so anything goes" argument.

We do know that he wasn't mad at Draymond enough to call a timeout. And that Suns timeout was due to Green and Klays defense on Booker, over past 1:10 since Green was brought back into the game. And Green also just executed a great half-court set right after Kerr put him back in.

I want it to be true enough to re-watch the game prior to that timeout in hopes I'd see Draymond fkking up. He didn't. He was closer to being the best player on the court, clearly executing the game plan.​

Os Trigonum likes this.
  3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Statement game my ass. What were the three other games in this series? Practice games?

Tfor3 and DavidRocket like this.
  4. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

that Draymond is wrong
    they do need Durant

bacliff likes this.
  5. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I didnt watch the game, but on reddit NBA the thread about this there was a very deep explanation of what happened and why he probably said this by a warriors fan. I can summarize but I wouldn't do the post justice.

Basically Draymond got benched in the 4th and they were +1, he didnt come back in until they were -10 with like 2 ¹/² minutes left.

Draymond was visibly upset but they cut the lead to only 5 within a minute I believe as the defense ramped up. A timeout occurred around the 1:30ish mark and just as Draymond walked past Kerr he must have smarted off because immediately after, this clip happened.

BeBreezy, Vivi, Hakeemtheking and 3 others like this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I can't wait until this team dies and the NBA is enjoyable again.

BigMaloe, solid, Sajan and 3 others like this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

It doesn't really matter whether Draymond deserved the comment or not (well, he kind of always deserves that comment); what matters is whether it was actually in last night's game. If so, when Draymond sees it, there's going to be yet another layer of underlying tension on that team.

9. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

it doesn't matter at this point whether there's tension/strife in the Worriers' lockerroom. A healthy Rockets team is fully capable of beating a happy/jolly/confident Worriers team.............in a series.

BamBam and napalm06 like this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

NY Post is reporting that Draymond was "animated" during the timeout

Golden State coach Steve Kerr appears to have vented some frustration during the Warriors’ stunning, 115-111 loss to the Suns on Sunday night.

“I’m so f–king tired of Draymond’s s–t,” Kerr could be seen saying, as later video showed Green animated on the bench during the same timeout.

What the “–” between the “s” and the “t” means is up for debate, with some theorizing that it was an s-bomb, while others believe he was saying “shot.” Either way, Kerr was clearly not pleased with his forward. Green was 3-of-9 shooting and 0-for-3 behind the arc in the loss to the Suns. Green’s shooting has been a disaster this season, with his 3-point percentage plummeting to .250.​

https://nypost.com/2019/03/11/steve-kerr-reaches-his-draymond-green-boiling-point-f-king-tired/

BigMaloe, cbs1507, Vivi and 4 others like this.
  11. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I guess there's no ambiguity about the "-" between the "f" and "king".......

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

I honestly believe that, too. But against a team with 5 recent All-Stars, 2 recent MVPs and a recent DPOY, I'll take any additional edge we can get.

D-rock, BigMaloe, rhee and 1 other person like this.
  13. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I agree with you. However, I believe this rendition of the Rockets will peak at the right time (certainly trending that way) and can/will beat the Worriers in the playoffs in 5 games. I have thought this way for a while now assuming the Worriers were Happy-Go-Lucky.

So if the Worriers have strife, that "edge" is insignificant to me as I feel the Rockets will handily beat them regardless. Usually an "edge" to me would be the difference between ousting a team within 6-7 games compared to 5 games or even sweep. Just my thoughts on this....

D-rock and topfive like this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I dare you to quote the NYPost one more time. [insert Pulp Fiction gif]

Watch the game. It's actually easier to do than search the internet for other fans who agree with the bad lip-reading.

lulz at using a NYPost writer...you must be pretty good in the D&D too...;)

BigMaloe and Os Trigonum like this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

When you are blaming the fans for their energy, you have lost the plot.

DD

16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

hey, I'm just reporting what the New York Post is reporting :p

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

and the NY Daily News is paywalled . . . so suck it HP :cool:

18. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Haven't we all been so f--king tired of Draymond's s--t for years though?

19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

here's what ClutchPoints is reporting:

https://clutchpoints.com/warriors-v...y-enough-draymond-green-****-assistant-coach/

20. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Scott Foster and Tony Brothers game 7 WCF?

napalm06 likes this.