1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors looking to make a statement to the league Wednesday night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 10, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Imma go ahead and say, not Boogie but Klay was the most impactful player for them last night. Him and Iggy were fighting through screens every time we tried to get to Cousins.

Two things have to happend
    Either

1. Mike has to add more things to our offense(our half court sets specifically) or
    2. We have to get out in transition alot more and push the pace.

Hakeemtheking, ak99999 and BigShasta like this.
  2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Easiest loss of the season for me to take. GSW was desperate, you could tell. We played poorly from start to finish and shot atrociously. The narrative around the league was built in for us to lose, and the officiating reflected that. And yet, through it all the box score still has GSW only up by 2 to end it off a hair-raising final minute for Warriors fans. They escaped that game, but they looked awful doing it. It was a bad win, or as a I like to call it, a Bill Murray Kingpin victory:

[​IMG]
    Caption: Steph Curry as he beats the Rockets Wednesday night.

3. tc0330

tc0330 Member

yea i could smell the desperation from my house

4. biff17

biff17 Member

That was the major difference in this game.

people need to look at teams records on those nights.

SWTsig, Dankstronaut and Sajan like this.
  5. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

We lost by TWO FREAKING POINTS!!!

They brought their A game
    We brought our B game

They were also perfect from the free throw line

Free Throws
    GSW10/10
    ROX 19/23

Had we made 2 more free throws. We would have send this game to OVERTIME!

OR Make ONE extra 3 pointer. We would have won the game or they make one less. Half glass full or half glass empty.

3 Pointers
    GSW 12/32
    ROX 11/41

Not even Scared or Worry

This is team USA we're playing against

#345 got em COACH, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Hakeemtheking and carib like this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It was our 3pt %.

7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

You sure no how to spot them right? Hey man i know it hurts, you come on here and said i didnt know this or that about nothing, cause well you can diss me like this cause you back up your team, and hey cf not gonna plow **** your way, but you for one just dont understand, there is some underlying problems that is wrong with this team. You come on here and put your 2 cents in like you know every thing thats wrong and its gonna be ok with your cool James Harden pick. You dont know everything homie.

Let it be the coaching, defense, some players not spoting there man, or assignments. It always fall on really one or two players not doing the dirty work. Come on here all you want and diss n--- like you know everything. But surely its cause few people miss there assignments, not some poster talking **** about losing a game. Rockets cant beat a super team, it just that simple brah...

8. nbafan2016-17

nbafan2016-17 Member

Imagine tryna talk **** about a team that's won three of the last four championships and elminated you in the playoffs three of the last four years. We could care less about regular season records, beat us in the playoffs r****ds. Go dubs ;)

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

U drunk?

no idea wtf you’re rambling about...please don’t quote me with all this nonsense again

King1 and Rocket River like this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

For what it's worth, I heard people like Chris Spatola thinking the Rockets held back a bit in terms of showing what they can do in this game - namely not exposing Cousins' (in)ability to defend their PNR. He said they may have been saving that for the playoffs. Not sure how much I believe that, but just passing on what Coach K's son-in-law thought. :D

Deuce likes this.
  11. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Pretty sure Faried made more than 20 points with Rockets already.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I said with 5 minutes left we had the game
    They were up 11 and they were not comfortable AT ALL
    They were still nervous
    They know they escaped

Rocket River

Hakeemtheking and Patience like this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I honestly don't know how it was so close, the Warriors looked to have been scoring easily and were playing great D. The Rockets offense looked ugly.

Somehow that game was close - you'd have thought the Warriors would have won by a bigger margin the way they controlled the game.

Hakeemtheking and Patience like this.
  14. carib

carib Member

You can also add the rebounds totals as well. Warriors were + 13.
    Warriors were up 11 with 5 minutes to go in the game and down the stretch the Rockets went deep into their own shot clock to attempt a shot at the basket. Probably the coaches may get the players in the future to push the pace on the offense.
    The good take away as you state in your posts is despite a poor 3 pt shooting night and -13 on rebounding to the Warriors the Rockets lost by just two points to this very elite team.
    MDA has stated that he will be using/studying this loss to better prepare the team in playoffs against the Warriors and the other teams.

Patience likes this.
  15. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Some of those threes missed will happen but we need to take better 3's or drive hard to the basket. My feeling is we need to keep them. Those guys are soft and talented they don't like to ruffed up

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think the only statement made to the league in this game is that the Rockets are inconsistent but the Warriors are mortal.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It shows that if a galactic Superteam like GSW can't play great all 48 minutes, all game, nobody in the league can.

They should re-define inconsistency.

Rox can specialize in focusing just on the 3rd and 4th quarter, at least it gives a much better chance to win games against top teams while trying to not give up too much in the first half.

#357 daywalker02, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  18. bj3175

bj3175 Member

We are going to beat the Warriors this year. The Rockets remind me of the 91 bulls vs the Pistons. They took Detroit to 7 games in the 90's playoffs but hadn't been as as complete of a team until 91. The Bulls cared more about beating Detroit than they did the rest of the league. Everybody was predicting a better series but in the end the Bulls were ruthless on them. Thats coming this year we are going to beat them handily. We got some details on the team to work out but i feel good about our Squad

napalm06 likes this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oakland's Whiners escaped defeat by the skin of their teeth. That's the only "statement" coming out of this game.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  20. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I was encouraged to see Steph and the Warriors running around excited after the win sort of like Podunk U fans rushing the court after beating a top 20 team for the first time in history. We are in their heads.

Hakeemtheking and Sajan like this.