1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors drama/bickering- KD vs Draymond

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ferrari77, Nov 13, 2018.

1. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

When Green said we dont need you and was fine without you before you came here. That should've hit home for Durant making that weak move to go there. Now if that doesn't want to make you leave in the offseason then Durant is punk and a true defintion of being weak.

Sajan likes this.
  2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Agree with your points, I thought there was already a decent chance of him leaving. Unfortunately, I don't think it has much of an effect for this season, and a lot can change between now and July.

3. Man Dingo

Man Dingo Member

Durant busy creating more fake twitter accounts to get back at Draymond G. What a p***y, can't face him mano- a mano

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

I thought Draymond called and heavily recruited right after the Game 7 Loss to Cleveland? He also called and recruited Boogie.

5. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Dont make me vomit blood

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Times are slightly different now and of course money is in play. Draymond signed a 5 year - 82 Million max after the first ring (before the crazy cap spike) and a lot of people believe that was an overpay for a player after one breakout season. Hindsight of course makes that deal one of the best values in the league right now. Draymond called KD after year 1 of his deal with 4 years left. Draymond is a free agent at the end of next season, BUT both KD and Klay are free agents at the end of this year. Expect Klay to stay and sign a big deal (based on comments Klay has made he may not take a full max) but if KD does opt in or does another 1+1 type deal thats another 30+ million on their roster and the repeater tax is going to hit them big time.

The following season when Draymond is a FA if he wants the max its going to be a lot tougher since presumably you have Curry making 43M, Klay lets say is at 25M (his max would be more I would imagine), thats already 68M or half the cap for a projected (for now) 118M cap in the 20-21 season. The Warriors do not have anyone else signed through that far. If they want to re-sign some of their vets they can but they would have to fill out an entire roster pretty much at that point. But the repeater tax is really going to be looming for the Warriors. Draymond I think can sign a deal starting around 27M it could be more if he wins DPOY again or makes an all-nba team it could be more.

IMO - I think if KD stays next season pushing the Warriors further in lux tax hell that the Warriors will be reluctant to give Draymond a max/super max deal and he may know this. In his head they won without KD and they can still win without him (though the loss of Barnes and Bogut do make a difference). So why should he take a huge paycut to continue winning for the sake of a player that is quite frankly a huge luxury to have talent wise for the team?

There is something to say about the Curry/Klay/Green core that was developed internally and grew and went through their "bumps" together. Their success (IMO) is more earned in Draymond's mind than KD just hoping on and winning. Now Draymond wanting KD after losing that year made sense since they could sign him (at no harm to him financially) and continue winning which is so hard to do in the NBA. Now that the league has changed considerably the Warriors without KD would still be favorites (assuming they fill KD's spot with NBA average talent) but they certainly wouldnt be overwhelming favorites.

The far left field theory that I dont want to rule out of course is what if Draymond (who is seen as "the ultimate competitor") doesnt like how easily it is for them to go and win games. What if he wants to go back to a time where they were expected to win but it wasn't pretty much a foregone conclusion? Honestly it could be hard to be motivated all the time when you're that much better than everyone else.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why Gerald is already in red!? Kidding.

8. BigBum

BigBum Member

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Self promotion.

12. BigBum

BigBum Member

Celtics could package Hayward/Brown/Kings pick for Durant?

13. BigTex

BigTex Member

KD's safe-space has been violated. Everyone has been calling him a b**** for years. Now hes getting it from his own team

snowconeman22 and Jake Tower like this.
  14. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

need a Durant version of

[​IMG]

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If I'm Durant. All SNAKED-up... I ask the Warriors to pay me the max to stay at home until the playoffs and see if they bite. In other words, straight up pay me to not make anyone else better. Rest & vest, send me to the "beach" until a REAL project comes up.

16. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

*clap clap clap clap dang it draymond

17. Rocket_Man_2.0

I agree with Draymond...he just said what everybody was thinking!!

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So many things to analyze about this video:

1. The fact that this came from the LA Clippers broadcast and they never cut to a commercial or stopped recording is glorious
    2. The usage of Pit Bull's song to set the mood on what was about to transpire is awesome.
    3. Klay Thompson playing mediator by walking over and sitting between them but not doing pretty much anything is so Klay
    4. This team would have unraveled so many times if it weren't for Iggy and Shaun Livingston playing the vet/keeping the peace role
    5. The fact that DeMarcus Cousins is in the back, soaking all of this drama in knowing he's not a part of it is funny in and of itself.
    6. Steve Kerr appears to be tired of all of this and can't wait to light up a joint after the game.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  20. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

[​IMG]

Patience likes this.