1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors break up, Rockets regression, next decade is Celtics as champs!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fish36floor, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Fish36floor

Fish36floor Member

Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr repeatedly hinted the upcoming season might be the final his core group of gamers play collectively.

The luxury tax is influencing Houston's offseason decisions next four years. Forecasting regression is easy. Houston didn't need to tweak its supporting cast to tease a drop-off. Sixty-five victories is a tough act to follow no matter what.
    The departures of Trevor Ariza and Luc Mbah a Moute ...... With the additions of Carmelo Anthony, Michael Carter-Williams, James Ennis and Brandon Knight, have left the Rockets to lean on an uncomfortable number of unknown and awkward fits.

Celtics could have 4 first round picks in 2019.
    Kings first-round pick: Celtics receive the more favorable pick, protected for No. 1 overall.
    Los Angeles Clippers first-round pick:
    Memphis Grizzlies first-round pick:

High Vibrationz likes this.
  2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Joined on the 12th and banned on the 26th. That was fast.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

ball science

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Interesting thread. I honestly don't know who would read this and even care.

Invisible Fan, Mr. Turbo and Reeko like this.
  5. malakas

malakas Member

boston fans = the most obnoxious and mentally challenged sport fans globally.

6. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Boston set up to be stacked for the next decade...

High Vibrationz and JuNx like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is 1 of the most useless threads of all time

Sajan, photojoe, Remlap and 8 others like this.
  8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Please tell us why you decided to join and post this here.

clutchdabear, AXG, Mr. Turbo and 2 others like this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Not as obnoxious as the Utah Jazz fans, but they come close. Mavs fans are delusional. They think every year is their year.

topfive likes this.
  10. macan

macan Member

op is a celtics troll? go troll some warrior forums dude...
    btw **** u and your boston shxt show

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

A scenario where the Rockets regress and GSW disbands in 19-20 is plausible. I'm leaning towards thinking that GSW will disband and you'll have more balance in the west. And whoever comes out will still have a chance against Boston.

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Boston is good I can’t even hate I like there team a lot.

One thing I don’t understand is this Jason Tatum love fest.

The guy was good for a rookie but I just see so many ppl on Espn and nba radio claiming this guy is the future of the league and a sure fire top 5 guy.

I don’t get it.

He avg 14 and 4 in the regular season and 18 and 4 in the postseason.

Nothing to sneeze about but I never watched him and thought he was some future superstar, like I did when I watch Ben Simmons or Donavan Mitchell play.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Still don't understand why there's not some kind of waiting period after you join and before you can start threads. This **** happens way too often lately.

Plus, there should be some kind of algorithm that prevents monikers containing 4 or more consecutive letters from Derek Fisher's name.

14. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

This troll thread. Ban the poster he made things up.

Where is the hint? Where is the article?

I read on ESPN where Kerr defended the Warriors are not like the bulls when they had the 3 peats and the team broke up with MJ retiring for two years. Kerr hoping this won't be like that with few guys in their contract year.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Most of the Tatum love came after the playoffs. He was a monster in the playoffs, carrying that team at times. Made a believer out of me.

OP still sucks, tho.

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I mean, if he posted this in DISH, I might have not said anything. Boston will be good, anyone who doubts that might have to get their head checked. What irks me about them is Kyrie's health. Also, nothing is stopping Kyrie from bolting next summer. Then again, if he's about winning (which it seems he is) I doubt he leaves.

Then again, I don't think the Rockets or Worriers are afraid of the tax. Tilman is like Gerald Green in owner form, he wants to bring home a trophy. He understands the cost of doing business. I think the Worriers also have that huge profitability in the bay area, and as long as they are winning they will spend. Now, come next summer if the Rockets dethrone them we might be having a different conversation.

All this circles back to the OP. It's speculative crap he brings up, and really doesn't offer much. This is why thread starting abilities might be something he shouldn't have... just a thought.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Wrong forum...

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I feel like brown carried them as well at terry rozier just as much as Tatum.

He’s good but I wouldn’t call him a monster. Maybe I’m missing something.

He was a good three point shooter in the regular season not so much in the playoffs but he was also only taking 3 attempts a game so who knows if the efficiency stays with more shots.

The boston run was nice but the east was dogshit last year imo.

And I get that Kyrie was out but horford wasn’t. He’s not going to lead them in scoring but he was their best most important player By far and so many forget about him.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm not saying Tatum was their most important player, I'm saying that the way he played made me think that in 2-3 years, he will be.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

ive followed tatum from duke til now. If his trend continues to where hes already at now, he's easily an all star in the future with room for more. he checks many of the boxes and its only a matter of development as time goes by. what he's around to start his young career is also very beneficial

pippendagimp and topfive like this.