1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors Announcer Bob Fitzgerald’s controversial statement vs Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Steph Curry has very thin skin and doesn't really like James Harden. Curry ran his mouth at the all star game as well.

If Harden gets a second MVP, and then the Rockets upset the Warriors; you will see the media start to portray Harden as the single most significant player of the last 5 years, and not Steph Curry. You better believe that Curry really doesn't want that.

As for Dell Curry, he was soft as diarrhea when he was a player too.

lilbird20, slothy420, Deuce and 4 others like this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i can agree on worrell and bull, but clyde (very annoyingly) goes out of this way to compliment opposing team players. even the splash sisters a couple weeks ago. even blake the douche griffin. cj no layups mccollum. devin booker recently. he gushes and praises opposing players so much sometimes i wish he'd stop just so i don't have to keep hearing "highly skilled" during every single broadcast

James.B.H, Gray_Jay and BigM like this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Nah, they are just thinking about what to eat at breakfast.

heypartner likes this.
  4. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

This Fitz guy seems to be quite infamous as an announcer:

In the same game he shitted Dirk saying that he is immobile and needs therapy before the game in order to play; shitted the Mavs saying that "they've earned being the worst 3-point shooting team in the league", "The Mavs are playing like a championship team and vice versa."; shitted Lebron for no reason for the majority of the fourth quarter; shitted the Nuggets saying ""the Mavs are a bad team and the Nuggets just barely managed to beat them with a buzzer beater by Jokic". "

Wow, this guy is really good at his salt businees and I think even the Worrier fans deserve a better announcer.

5. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

I picked up the warriors stream on reddit last time we played them. People here think Worrell and crew are bad, you should hear the warriors announcers. The most uninformed dick riding announcers I’ve ever heard. Just one ridiculous statement after another. But, F*** em. This is the year. We’re taking them out.

6. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Any clips of his broadcast from Harden's game-winner?

[​IMG]

7. BreakYoSelfFool

Why are you trying to make us like this guy?

BigM likes this.
  8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Takes on Harden's defense are basically an NBA ignorance test. If you still say Harden plays zero defense, you're an idiot that hasn't been paying attention for years now.

BaselineFade, Tfor3, Handles and 15 others like this.
  9. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

It's still pretty universal. These are the same ***** that just look at box scores and don't actually like basketball or watch games. Much like they still tout the defense LBJ hasn't been playing for two years. Most pundits are absolute garbage stealing paychecks. Sadly these clowns have votes on things that matter to players but short of the refs the players have control over the most important thing.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yes, We're ROCKETS FANS

not JEREMY LIN FANS

we're NOT INSECURE ABOUT OUR TEAM.

So let the GOLDEN STATE FANS who LISTEN TO GOLDEN STATE BROADCASTS enjoy their own talk EVEN IF IT'S WRONG.

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Idk if he was involved but I have a few buddies down the Bay and they all said that their radio was clowning us and cheering for when Paul went out last series.
    Fk them

12. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

isnt Harden top 3 in steals so far?

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's nothing we can do about the bay area announcers, if the bay area fans don't like them and ownership doesn't like them, then they will be dropped.

It's not like they are Les Alexander and drop Calvin Murphy when he have proven innocent in a trial where he being extorted for money .

slothy420 likes this.
  14. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

He's been an basketball announcer for a long time in the Bay Area. Despite his moronic, and flatly wrong, observation about Harden's defense, he usually has been an announcer and commentator with above average knowledge and insight.

When finishing up school in the Bay Area at the end of the 90s, I used to listen to FitzGerald on the way home from work in the lab. He was the evening sports talk guy on KNBR, and he was one of the most intelligent, eloquent personas they had on the air, and they had some great ones: Jon Miller, Pete Franklin, Tom Tolbert, and others. Occassionally, he'd call Santa Clara basketball games, and I want to say he was doing it when Nash was playing there. Anyway, to compare Fitz to Houston sports talk now, I'd say his persona wasn't quite as bright as Palillo, nor quite as irreverent and pop culture as Adam Clanton, but kind of a cross between them. Usually well-researched (or he just had a great call screener).

So, I'm guessing this is cheap shtick for Warriors fans. Lazy and stupid, but that's what the people want.

15. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

There is nothing WE can do, doesn't mean other people haven't tried to do something. Here is Danny Leroux of The Athletic penning an open letter asking the Warriors to fire Bob:

https://theathletic.com/854683/2019...-better-play-by-play-man-than-bob-fitzgerald/

You have to be really mad when the media is openly gunning for you to be fired. Danny Leroux is no hothead Stephen A type either, he's a advance stat/capologist type.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  16. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Pay them no mind.

Mr. Turbo likes this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Or just a flat out hater, tbh. Plenty of those around.

18. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I don't have the Athletic app, so couldn't read the letter, but I get the gist. I guess he really went downhill after picking up the Warriors gig. Through being a conniving little sh%&, if the posts upthread about him betraying his friend Greg Papa, are to be believed.

I can personally attest to him having a large opinion of himself. Met him in either 2005 or 2006 in Houston. Recognized him from my time in the Bay Area, and politely congratulated him on the promotion to the Warriors job, I'd been listening to him for awhile in the Bay Area on radio, etc... Tried to be brief about it. Dude looked at me like I had a second head, snorted, and walked off. I dunno, maybe he was embarrassed about working in radio? So it goes

Matt78777 likes this.
  19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Tied with Paul George for the steals lead at 152. Harden is LEADING THE LEAGUE in steals. Just a fraction behind George for the steals per game lead at 2.2 (they’re both at 2.2).

20. threepointshot3

Harden is actually now one of our better defenders and probably the best post defender on this team

Mr. Turbo likes this.