1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WARNING! WARNING!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DREAMer, Dec 3, 1999.

1. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

The Rockets played well tonight, without Hakeem and without Barkley much in the 4th quarter. We even had to endure Bryce Drew starting the point.

BUT, all you fans who think we'd be better off without Hakeem and Barkley at all, the Clippers is just what we'd be. Now, think about that for a while.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Rockets are better without Hakeem right now, only because Dream refuses to accept a lesser role on the team. I agree if he comes back and plays great D, and demands WAY less touches in the post, the Rockets will be better.

Right now however, if Barkley and Hakeem are in there, Francis and Mobley can not penetrate as the lane is ULTRA crowded.

DaDakota

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who in the world would think that we'd be better off without them at all?Chuck seems to be adapting well.He needs to keep that arm healing, get it stronger,and keep playing his way into shape.Dream needs to take his game outside the lane.I think Cato should start alongside Dream with Chuck coming in early off the bench.Chuck and Dream should not be on the floor together.

[This message has been edited by Hardwood Hammer (edited December 03, 1999).]

4. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

I wish some of you could've watched the game with me tonight. I don't think I mentioned Hakeem, but a couple of times when Cato got dunked on. I really enjoyed watching some of our players pick it up tonight.

I like: Francis, Anderson, Cato, Rogers, Mobley, Thomas, and of course Hakeem.

I don't like: Drew, Williams, Hamilton, Bullard, Barkley(I'm still 50/50 with him. Sometimes I hate him. Sometimes I love him. My main problem is he doesn't practice what he preaches, and makes way too many dumb mistakes.)

I support: The entire team, because they are Rockets.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

[This message has been edited by DREAMer (edited December 03, 1999).]

5. Caveman

Caveman Member

Dakota:
    I don't think Hakeem is the only one to be blamed for stupid post-up system. Don't you think a coach has the power to stop it? Unless, the coach can't really coach and feel that he owes all his success to Hakeem. Here come the word, loyalty.

------------------
    Rockets' biggest problem is not player talent levels, it is the coach's ineptitude.