1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Warning: most twisted story ever] Saudi Islamist activists criticize anti-terrorism

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mathloom, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2011/07/28/159681.html

So the Saudis are finally cracking down on "terrorism", but it turns out the only terrorism they plan on really cracking down on is organic movements which aim to topple the monarchy.

I think, for me at least, one thing has become incredibly clear. The label of "terrorist" does not mean anything at all anymore. It has been so casually and recklessly thrown around that it isn't an accurate description anymore. I can confidently say that, if the authorities/media labelled someone a terrorist, that would have ZERO value in terms of me believing that the person is a terrorist. I would have to do my own independent checks, research, reading articles, etc to come to a determination.

I think it's sad and unfortunate and now lots of countries are using North America and Western Europe's favorite buzz-word, "terrorist", in order to get into their pants.

I'm concerned because I feel we are losing our grip on terrorism due to what can only be discussed as tribal disputes between the far-left and far-right of every country, completely devoid of any morality. Terrorism has become just another bargaining chip.

It used to be that one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. Now one man's terrorist is just another man's terrorist is another man's terrorist is another man's terrorist. If we are to believe these reports, then terrorist invasion engulfed Egypt, Tunisia, the UK, Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France, Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, the UAE, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Iran, so on and so forth. Do we really think terrorism is that prevalent, or is everyone and their mother using this excuse to cover up for their *****-ups which were unmasked during the financial crisis?

#1 Mathloom, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

They need to crack down on sexual repression first cuz that's what causes terrorism!!!

3. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

...and the Federal Government of the United States removed some of the limits on their power to search/seize/hold citizens because they needed those powers to "protect" Americans from "terrorists."

Seems like there's a pattern here.

P.S. Thanks MoonDogg.

5. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Best post ever.

Also, never forget that Americans fighting for independence from Great Britain were (and should be) considered terrorists.

It's not what war you fight, it's how you fight it.

I see nothing wrong with the article you posted, and I definitely don't see what makes it the most twisted story ever.

I did laugh when I read Saudi Arabia described as a "US ally", since they basically carried out 9/11, but them's the breaks.

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

9/11 was done by Lebanese, Syrian, and Saudi men living in Afghanistan and sheltered by the Afghan Taliban.

7. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Is there a whole body pic of this girl?:grin:

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

Who said anything about it being a girl?;)

9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

better be a girl. :eek:

10. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

girl butts are pretty rad.