1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warcraft III - Who has it?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Iron McFist, Jul 3, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

Well, it officially came out today, and Amazon lied. Their 2-Day Delivery took a day, so I'm happy :)
    I've played the first few campaigns, and so far I think it's great. Blizzard still rules at cinematics.

So anyways, I'm off to go lose my life completely, staying up late playing and becoming a creature of the night. Ta!

[​IMG]

2. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Picked it up today -- have only played that tutorial campaign, and I'm just about to start with the Humans. So far, I really like it.

We should get some cc.net multiplayer games going.

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I used to play WarCraft II all the time at my friends house, then one day he hid it and I've never played a Warcraft since. Fun series though.

4. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

i saw it at Fry's this evening, 2 kids were playing and I watched for about ten seconds... one kid kept playing with the monitor settings. contrast, contrast, contrast, brightness..... and the other was lil mr. point and click.... i didn't stick around long enough to get the gist of it. at a glance it looks like Diablo!!?

so why should i buy this game? those of you that play, please try to convince me, tell me what the games about...

5. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

It's a real-time strategy game. The same genre as the C+C series, Starcraft, or the other Warcrafts. So far, this one has been very different IMO. I haven't played very far, but it's been lots of story infused into the fighting, and the maps have been much smaller.

I love it. I am more of a first-person shooter fan, but I like the occassional Starcraft or Red Alert 2 now and then. I'm really enjoying it so far.

Now I'm in the middle of 3 games (Sim Golf, Neverwinter nights and Warcraft III). It's a good thing I finished Jedi Knight II the other day because there are tons of awesome games out right now or on the way. I'm kindof overwhelmed. Best summer gaming in years!!

6. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

OK I picked it up this morning. It is definitely not Diablo 2. It is an RTS with a few RPG elements mixed in. The gist of it is that you have "Heroes" that you follow thru the campaigns. As you kill things the Heroes level up and gain powers that the regular units do not have. I have played thru the tutorial and most of the Human Campaign and I am pretty well hooked. It is very comparable to AOE II, so if you liked that one you will love this one. The one thing that has surprised me is that it actually has a great story (a rarity for and RTS) and the way it presents the story is fairly seemless. I played 3 games of single player skirmish. THe computer killed me in less than 15-20 minutes. The AI is ruthless.

CK

7. x34

x34 Member

Vengeance,

Do you know if its possible to set up a gaming server over IP, or do you have to go through Battle.net? I'd be willing to donate a server from time to time for a cc.net battle...

Never really played WarCraft much, but I really liked StarCraft. Been waiting for this release for a while now; does the 3D look add to the game?

8. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I have the game, but my computer really slows down during the battle scenes. I have a very new computer, with geforce 3, high ram and processor, and i dont know what is causing the problem. could it be that i still use windows 98? thats the only thing i can think of because my friend has a similar system with the new Windows and it runs beautifully on his. thanks for any advice

9. B

B Contributing Member

I got Warcraft 3 earlier, but I only played the first tutorial mission and then installed SimGolf. I just quit playing SimGolf since I'm having a hard time seeing the screen. It's more fun than I expected. Now if only I can get the same enjoyment from Warcraft III. :)

B

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's 2:45am -- I went to 2 Walmart's looking for memory for my camera, and what do I come home with? Some underwear and freakin' Warcraft III!! :mad:

I hate you all!

... but I loooove me some late night shoppin'. :D

11. Holden

Holden Member

ive got Warcraft III...

....IN MY PANTS!!!!!!

:(

12. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

So why don't you take it out of there, stick it in your computer, turn it on, and have some fun for a change? Turn that frown upsidedown :)