1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. tmacman

tmacman Member

Don't get me wrong some of them boys at the bottom gonna be important too (except T. Jones), but it all starts at the TOP! I need Dwight to stay out of foul trouble and dominate these little ass lineups GS love playing with, and basically bring the same production he been bringing in the playoffs every year.

And I need Harden to play with a chip on his shoulder and prove he's the best player on the floor and in the series and finally carry over all of his regular season success into the playoffs. And occasionally play out of his mind too. And recognize that full-time defense is MANDATORY.

Ain't nobody picking us to win but as far as I know don't none of these analysts go by the name of "God" so they don't know who gonna win the series anymore than you or I do. All I know is we got the recipe for success, the talent, and hopefully the game plan (looking at you JB). All we gotta do now is play with the heart and drive we lost from last year and history will be made! At the end of the day, all we got is US!!!
    #RedNation
    #Pursuit
    #BeatGS

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Don't get me wrong, Dwight needs to dominate. But for 2016 Dwight, that has to mean being very active on defense, on PnR defense, on the boards, and on getting a ton of garbage points.

The Spurs might be able to slow the game down by posting LaMarcus and Kwahi, etc. The Rockets should definitely NOT try to do that.

3. tmacman

tmacman Member

Yeah I said nothing about posting up haha.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I gotcha.

But I also know all too well that the Rockets have this tendency to over and over try this stupid thing where they say "we haven't gone to Dwight enough, let's gameplan out of the gate, or to start the 3rd where we just do post up after post up for a couple of minutes and see how that goes!"...

... and it never works... even when it does work (see playoff game against Portland a few years ago where Dwight had like 18 first quarter points and dominated, but I believe it was basically a tie after that quarter and Portland went on to win that game I think, or it went to overtime.

I hate that ****.