1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Want to see what true sports fans look like

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Voice of Reason, Oct 10, 2003.

Tags:
  1. The Voice of Reason

Honestly every picture here looks a bit crazy.
    this is a collection of Soccer supporters groups from around the world. Most are from club teams, some are from national teams.

It is amazing to me that NBA fans just sit on their hands. ot that they just use those clapper things. check out the creativity of these supporters groups.

why dont we have supporters grous in the NBA like there is even in NCAA?

Man, if I owned a team I would definately liven things up in my arena.

I would however leave the flares to the soccer pitch though.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74235&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

enjoy

2. Buck Turgidson

What? No hooligans, riots, stampedes, knifings, or bloodshed of any kind?

And you call those people "fans"?

3. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Awesome. Totally awesome.

NBA needs a Satanic-themed franchise. :D

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

Anti,

Photoshop request. Put the Rockets new logo in place of Satan in that 1st picture. :)

In fact, at first glance, I thought thats what it was.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Rockets vampire logo is pretty close.

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Soccer fans are the best and worst fans at the same time. So much blind love for their team, it's crazy, yet so much death and destruction, it's . . . crrrrrrrazy.

7. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Best I can do right now. Paint Shop keeps on freezing up for some reason. :mad:

[​IMG]

8. The Voice of Reason

there really has not been much violence in a while. and really Italy is where you need to worry. If I find pictures from the opening game at new soldier field this weekend I will post them

the Chicago Fire has Americas best supporters group. I am sure they wont do quite anything as spectacular as that thread, but I have read that they planned some great stuff. I also read that the security at SF wont let them do most of it, but they have rethough and have a good show none the less. not to mention they expect 35k to that game and they are really looking to put on a show.

My fav is Sams Army. its our national tam suporters group there are a coupe picturs of them in the thread, but no crazy streamers. Its hard to be that organized for national games. just club games where season tickets re involved. not to mention the Nats rarely play in the same stadium more than once a year.

9. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

The Reign in Blood logo lives! Glad I'm not the only person who noticed it.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

You mean, Like this, codell?
    [​IMG]

11. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

12. The Voice of Reason

I really hope McNair gets off his ass and ponies up the dinero for a MLS team in Houston for 2007.

he has the stadium, and has already made big bucks off of soccer. now he just needs to give the city something it sorely needs.

but they may need to use a dif color than in the picture. that looks like the Jersey metros

#12 The Voice of Reason, Oct 10, 2003
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2003
  13. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I can't look at the red version of the new logo without thinking of that Slayer album cover where the guy carved "SLAYER" into his forearm with a razor. Maybe the band could take over for the Big Bang Drummers.

"Raininnngg bloooooood...! From a lacerated skyyyy!" And now, your Houston Rockets!

*furious double-bass drumming*

14. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Man, I LOVE futbol (Soccer), but I don't think the MLS would do very good here. The Mexico v USA game was an amazing atmosphere and turnout but is not indicative of how the MLS would do here. There is something special about national teams competing against each other that the MLS lacks namely quality players. Most nationals teams have "World Class talent", the MLS has talented players but not World Class. I think the MLS is one of the weakest leagues in the world, The Mexican league is pretty weak and boring too.

15. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

And the final score was 0-0 ...