1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wang Meng: Rick Adelman closest candidate to succeed Van Gundy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, May 6, 2007.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

This is from Wang Meng. Not sure how reliable? But just for the sake of discussion/debate.

What do you guys think?

Will Rick Adelman and Princeton Offense be the right dose to the Houston Rockets ??

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

blah blah blah.

Okay, about Hakeem, Yao should have surgery if he needs it, and then take the offer from Hakeem.

It doesn't hurt to learn from Hakeem.

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

Isn't this the same Wang Meng that reported something ridiculous during the season? I can't recall what it was...

4. huynhct

huynhct Member

5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

"The cloest candidate for succeeding JVG could be Rick Adelman, the prior head coach for Sacramento Kings, who is famous for his Prinecton Offense. If Rick Adelman does join the Rockets, it could fundamentally uplift the offense systems of the Rockets, and make better use of both Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming."

This says nothing. Just speculating

6. dividend

dividend Member

Dear Rick,

Don't forget to bring Mike Bibby along :)

kthxbye

7. WNBA

WNBA Member

all good news except Yao is not being traded. I think the insider is Yao.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This is not news, it is speculation, all it proves is the writer reads CF.net.

Thread title should be changed.

9. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Sounds good. Yao will come back strong next year. hopeuflly he'll be able to go 82 games

10. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Well, it could be speculating.....but who knows? Wang Meng is based in Houston, and is always around with Yao Ming. Maybe it is really with some reliable insider source.

As I've said, the point of this thread is for discussion/debate. Will the Princeton Offense be the right dose ? Is Rock Adelman a good coach for this team ?

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

Sources of this article, perhaps Vecsey and CFs.net? :p

I find this part very hard to believe. CD was credited with helping shape Hakeem into the player he was. Why wouldn't they give Yao access to such knowledge.

12. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

This is fake. Leslie never lost patience with gundy. he's the one who OFFERED him an extension before the playoffs, but Gundy refused.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Unlikely. The team was making travel plans to goldenstate yesterday. Now you're telling me in less than 24 hours before the game is over, they have a new coach and blabbed to Yao, who blabbed to a writer?

Unlikely. Even the tone is speculative (from the translation).

14. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

Surgery?? Again???

15. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

1. I think the insider source is wrong because the Rockets tried to extend JVG's contract a couple of times after the all star break and luckily JVG didnt accept.
    2. Now, I think Les really have had enough of JVG basketball. Getting Rick Adelman is a good start. But it will take a roaster overhaul for the Rockets to play Princeton offense.
    3. Yao really has a case that he is hampered of returning from injury. He's obviously slower than he was before injury and didnt play at the level before injury.
    4. For those idiots who want Yao to be traded. No problems. There is 29 teams fighting to get him.

16. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

If true, it sounds like it's just to keep the nail from growing again. Minor stuff.

17. Gutter

Gutter Member

IF Yao works with Hakeem in the offseason Yao will be unstopable! and I LOVE it if Rick Adelman came to Houston, maybe he can bring Bibby as well!

18. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

There is nothing in your article to back-up your thread title... :confused:

19. mobobo

mobobo New Member

wholly wish.....

20. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

thread misleading... (I was gonna say that was quick)