1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Walt Williams for Anthony Mason.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TraJ, Dec 9, 1999.

1. SaluteCharles

SaluteCharles Member

My impression of Mason as a player is good but as a person he seems negative. ??? I don't remember any specifics of why. lol. Maybe he did something to Hakeem or another Rocket in the finals in 1995? If he is a "bad apple" there is little chance of him coming here. Why change a good policy of getting decent guys here in Houston?

If we get anyone in a trade or whatever besides Devin Gray, I just hope it will be a DEFENSIVE PLAYER. Isn't Ervin Johnson defensive minded? I don't need points. I need a Cato that doesn't foul or an Otis Thorpe. Otherwise, I stay put and ride the season out watching our young players learn to win!

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Popeye,

I'm in complete agreement about Taylor...I mentioned it on another thread (the who starts PF thread--i think).

My feelings are:O
    1 Odom will convince Taylor to stay,
    2 Clippers will sign-n-trade him, in which case, Rockets have little to offer: Clippers would really need a big man to replace taylor. it would likely be a PF for PF trade. You wouldn't want to force Odom into that position, he too good to bury in the low post.
    3. The clippers lose him to free agency. here the rockets have a great shot at him.

3. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

The Rockets have no shot at him in free agency.

Mango