1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Walt... WAKE UP!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treeman, Dec 19, 1999.

1. treeman

treeman Member

The Wizard's career high stats at a glance:

Three Pointers: 6 (6 Times)
    FT Made: 14 (2 Times)
    Rebounds: Off: 7 vs. Hornets, 12/4/92
    Def: 7 vs. Hornets, 12/4/92
    TOT: 15 vs. Sixers, 2/16/94
    Assists: 9 (5 Times)
    Steals: 6 @ Heat, 12/14/96
    Blocks: 6 vs. Bucks, 12/19/97
    Minutes: 52 @ Lakers, 3/3/95

None this year.

This man CAN play, but he appears to be asleep. We can't wait forever...

Walt... Walt? WAKE UP!!!! WAKE THE FU*K UP!!!

And have a little confidence in your shots.

Otherwise, get a new passport picture - you just might end up in Canada...

2. francis23

francis23 Member

I agree with you that walt has game but is just not producing, when he was with the Raptors was his latest best season he would drill threes, drive and was a very good player but i think Wake Up Time is over, Walt Will Be Traded. Period.

------------------
    "Lamar Odom, Elton Brand, Wally Szczerbiak and Shawn Marion are guys who are going out to score. That's not my job on this team right now. But if I needed to, if my coach asked me to go out and score 30, I can get it in one quarter"

-- Steve Francis.

3. treeman

treeman Member

I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.

I'd prefer keeping the guy and him just coming out of his slump. Those are career highs, and obviously he's not gonna get them all the time, but... This is clearly the worst season of his career.

Ah well, funk don't last forever. Not like you or me is gonna trade him, anyway... But I'm sure he's acutely aware of the minutes he's been losing over the last 6 games.

There's only one way to fix it: he has to shoot his way out of the slump. It will take one blowout game...

He's a good guy, AND he's a good guy. Meaning, he's also got game... I'd hate to lose him to a shooting-slump.

4. Did you notice what year his highs were in, and that he hasn't set one high since 97. The bulk of his highs all came from 92-96

5. alaskansnowman

<hr>Did you notice what year his highs were in, and that he hasn't set one high since 97. The bulk of his highs all came from 92-96<hr>

That's true tds, but he doesn't have to set highs every time. I know that Wizard is capable of giving us at least 10 points a game easily. Just cause he hasn't set any highs lately, doesn't mean he can't consistently give you 10-15 points a game.

Wizard has lost all of his confidence. If you're a shooter, it's really hard to get your groove back after you have dug yourself such a deep hole. Man, I hope that break-out game comes soon. We could sure use some consistent 3 point shooting.