1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Waiver wire thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Wow on Kasen Williams.

Jeremy Kerley cut by SF. Would fit in well here with our dink-and-dunk garbage offense from the Genius BOB.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. Fantasma Negro

Intriguing

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Take a flyer

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

WRs tend to be Prima Donas and probably dont want to do the dirty work of blocking. Not saying Seals-Jones is a prima dona but maybe he is.... Plus we already have Andersen.

5. Fantasma Negro

Every year we have injuries at te, I'd love to just have him on the practice squad to learn the role. Prima dona or not at 6'5 245 hes a bigger target than Andersen

#45 Fantasma Negro, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    RasaqBoi and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

As what? The Texans have their top 2 TE's locked down long term and they have a 3rd TE that they like. Would you be moving him back to WR?

7. Fantasma Negro

2 te's? What the **** has Griffin ever done?Put RJS on the practice squad so he can learn the te position so when Griffin and Andersen inevitably get hurt he can substitute the production. If he ain't **** by the end of next training camp he's cut no harm no foul

RasaqBoi likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's done a hell of a lot more than Ricky Seals-Jones ever has. Griffin was a solid receiving target for the Texans all last season and they feel comfortable enough with him to lock him down for another 3 years.

9. Fantasma Negro

3 tds off 99 receptions in three years? That's something? He's injury prone and he's not that good. Jesus what is with Texans fans and their personnel hubris?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

....you are talking up a scrub that can't even make a 53 man roster while running down a guy that has had success in the NFL as a very solid #2 WR.

11. Fantasma Negro

#3, Andersen was number 2 last season. Griffin was hurt

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You are mistaken, Griffin played all 16 games of the regular season and was targeted 74 times as the #4 receiving option on the team (behind only Nuk, Fuller, and CJ Fiedorowicz), Anderson barely played.

13. Fantasma Negro

I know, I'm just ****ing with you. **** he got two of his three tds last season. I'm just saying, our receiving options are limited because of injury or inexperience, we might as well add some more youth and athleticism

14. Nook

Nook Member

I don't mind Seals on the practice squad but it isn't a good fit. The Texans really like their tight end depth.

15. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

No way do I want Ricky Seals-Drops

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not against that, I just don't think this guy could make it as an NFL WR and oddly enough the Texans are set at TE for the next few years with Fiedorowicz, Griffin, and Anderson. Any TE heading to the team would have to be better than one of those guys and I don't think this kid is. They could use some WR help though.

17. Fantasma Negro

Even though they've had success in the past I don't think either O'B nor Bad news Billy like big receivers so unfortunately I don't think my boy makes it here. Maybe he should G.A at Clemson or South Carolina for a year to improve his chances

18. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Austin Carr, was released by the Patriots, he played very good in the preseason, im surprised that New England cut him, Texans should look for him, that the WR corp is thin right now, also the texans should get TJ Ward

19. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I didn't really understand his or Speedy Noil's decision to leave college early after having lackluster years.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ricky Seals Jones sucks at football. He has the body, not the skills. NEXT.