1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wages of Wins projects ~64 wins next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by just a word, Jul 9, 2013.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

depends on what we get for asik. right now with no PF i would guess about 51. with a good PF i would say 55-60.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

GSW not in the playoffs and the Knicks are waaayy to low.

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

According to them, James Harden has the best contract in the NBA. Chandler Parsons' contract is ranked 17th, Dwight's is 189th.

Great ending, too:

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Wages of wins tends to overweight rebounding & block stats IIRC - not surprising IMO

5. outlaw96

outlaw96 Member

they have toronto over indiana, they have boston over brooklyn. lol

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Morey has done a magnificent job putting this team together. LOL I laugh because it was In Morey we trust, then firer Morey and now back to In Morey we Trust. 5 years ago when Tracy went down for good and then trade and the following year Yao retire. I told a lot of fans to be patient. That it would take us at least 5 years to get back to contention. Now look at us now...LOL Love it

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm seeing 53-54 wins as of now. I also don't see a team hitting 60 wins. I don't see a west team hitting 60.

8. BorrisBeck

BorrisBeck Member

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Some gems from those tables:

Bismack Biyombo > Nikola Pekovic, Roy Hibbert or Brook Lopez, who are all ~midlevel players

Kosta Koufos > Marc Gasol

Darren Collison > Tony Parker.

Dirk is worth 6 mil next year. Jose Calderon is worth 15 mil.

10. torocan

torocan Member

Thinking 53-57 wins, with an outside chance of 47-52 or 60+ wins.

A lot will depend on health, how quickly they gel and how effectively they integrate the Asik and Howard pairing on the roster.

Less worried about overall chemistry in the starting 5 as plugging in Dwight vs Asik isn't very different in terms of floor play other than determining how many touches Dwight should be getting and how much Asik's offensive game develops.

Of course this all goes out the window if Morey makes any more big moves.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

This is a joke. They predict 63+ wins in our roster without a legit starting PF and PG upgrade? So you are telling me that if we made a move for Aldridge/Love we would challenge the Bulls for 72 wins???

Besides that, you make the mistake of including Royce White on the roster and then you project him to get 16.9 min/game and contribute 2 wins?!??! Dude has never played!

If that wasn't enough they have GSW BEHIND Dallas and the Lakers....

Dallas...the team with FOUR new PGs on the roster....

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

These predictions are outrageous, but last year who would have thought that the Warriors or Rockets would win as many games as the Lakers? Did anyone have the Lakers as 7th seed?

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I predict 51 wins.

14. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

Looking back at ESPN's prediction at the beginning last season is pretty hilarious. 90% of their analysts picked the Lakers to come out of the West. Only one chose the Spurs: John Hollinger.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

With current roster no way. Not unless Lin suddenly because a lights out 3 point shooter (I mean 40+%) OR Parsons becomes a star AND one of the PFs becomes a legit starter.

You need one of the first two along with the third to happen to be a 60+ win team. 60+ wins is really an achievement.

16. Classic

Classic Member

37 wins for Brooklyn paying that tax bill? That'd be funny.

17. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

I agree with Kam here...too many good teams in the west. Isn't it crazy to think that we had a good chance of being a 50 win team last year without Howard with essentially a new roster of players? I think we can make at least 57 wins, but the west is rough. Expect a lot of hack-a-dwight. Lin not getting any foul calls. Harden not getting any foul calls, and expect Lin and Chandler getting hacked with no calls in the paint. We're gonna be a good team, but YOU know the refs will be screwing us some games.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

54 wins.

19. s3ts

s3ts Member

i agree

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This rating is skewed towards value rather than total performance. All vets on high salaties are penalized, hence the NYK and BKN low ranks. Basically if you were forced to chop every teams roster into a million pieces and then put an equal amt of each ground player onto a scale, this rating system would tell you which team was more dense.

Which is all to say that this system assumes that all teams operate with the same total salary. In reality it does not work this way, and some teams will have larger salaries than others. That's my interpretation at least.