1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Von Miller shows his Butkus

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by mlwoo, Dec 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

2. The Bird

The Bird Member

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Well deserved. Aggie Football is headed in the right direction, nice way to finish out the season. Good wins.

4. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

I'm a Longhorn who has no problem admitting that the dude was a beast. Dude earned it.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ya he was definitely a force. Been a force for 2 years now. What do y'all think he will do in the NFL? He looks reallllly small to me, I didn't really even think he'd be drafted... but he probably will. As a project. He just looks small to me man, smaller than Polamalu.

6. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Whoop!

<iframe title ="Preview" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0" style="width:320px;height:185px;padding:0;background-color:#fcfcfc;" src="http://cid-5c4c2693fad96458.photos.live.com/embedphoto.aspx/New%20album%20^5March%2025th%202010^6/tigerbait^_aggiemascot.JPG"></iframe>

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Last year....this year? Really - 9 sacks from a rush-only player?

WHatever though, he deserved it for last year, which is the way most of these Butkus/Thorpe/etc awards seem to go, so no injustice there.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

9. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

He was hurt for the first half of the season with an ankle injury and totally dominated the last 6 games (I believe this is where he also got all his sacks).

He also does drop back into coverage a decent amount as evidenced by his INT to seal the deal against Texas this year.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Aggies never amount to anything.

11. PointForward

PointForward Member

you obviously haven't watched any games. Von is a game changer and is virtually unblockable. Opposing OC's draw up their game plan around Von Miller. Stats don't tell you that.

Anyway, I am so happy for Von. What a great person and great ambassador for our University. He is one of the classiest and most humble people I have ever met. I met him at the pigskin palooza thing coach sherman had last year and we ran "drills" with him and he was out there just interacting with us students and having a good old time. Coach Toth commented after Von got the award that he will do some special things in the future simply because of his outstanding effort and dedication. One of my fondest memories that will be engraved in my brain forever was seeing Von go down with cramps toward the end of the OU game, get carried to the sidelines, sit out a play, then he rushes back to field and gives 110%, gets a sack, then goes down with cramps again, and comes back again. He never quit and he kept coming back despite his body giving out on him, and that right there is winning football, that's winning in life. Love Mr. Miller.

oh and by the way, In Before someone bites on Moestavern's troll post. :grin:

12. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

I don't understand. This thread is all about an Aggie amounting to something.

Aggies in the NFL
    As of 7 November 2010, 17 Aggies were listed on NFL rosters.[30] 7 other Aggies serve as NFL coaches.[31]

Martellus Bennett, TE, Dallas Cowboys
    Michael Bennett, DT, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Rocky Bernard, DT, New York Giants
    Red Bryant, DT, Seattle Seahawks
    Melvin Bullitt, CB, Indianapolis Colts
    Ron Edwards, DT, Kansas City Chiefs
    Mike Goodson, RB, Carolina Panthers
    Geoff Hangartner, C, Buffalo Bills
    Johnny Jolly, DE, Green Bay Packers
    Shane Lechler, P, Oakland Raiders
    Stephen McGee, QB, Dallas Cowboys
    Jordan Pugh, S, Carolina Panthers
    Don Muhlbach, LS, Detroit Lions
    Cody Wallace, C, Detroit Lions
    Ty Warren, DE, New England Patriots
    Pat Williams, DT, Minnesota Vikings
    Billy Yates, OG, Cleveland Browns

Coaches

Dennis Allen, secondary coach, New Orleans Saints
    Dan Campbell, coaching intern/offense, Miami Dolphins
    Jerry Fontenot, assistant offensive line coach, Green Bay Packers
    Jason Glenn, special teams assistant/player development, Minnesota Vikings
    Johnny Holland, linebackers coach, Houston Texans
    Gary Kubiak, head coach, Houston Texans
    Shawn Slocum, special teams coordinator, Green Bay Packers

Can you even find the list of Cougars in the NFL? I couldn't.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Amount to anything? Nah. Mounted your mom last night though brah. Gig'd her real nice. Easy transition from sheep.

1 person likes this.
  14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The occasional zone blitz doesn't make you a coverage LB'r, sorry.

EDIT: especially considering that's the ONLY interception of his entire career, in the last quarter, of his last regular season game, lol.

#14 SamFisher, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  15. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Congrats to Von on the award... much deserved.

I just watched the ESPN CFB awards ceremony, and Lee Corso was recognized for his contributions to the sport. He suffered a stroke 2 years ago, and was moved to tears during his acceptance speech. His antics can be annoying, but you can't deny his love for the game. Very moving...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/38OjpkpMB0Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/38OjpkpMB0Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

16. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

ESPN projects him as the 21st overall selection.

CBS sports projects him as the 7th overall selection.

17. PointForward

PointForward Member

LOL man get with the program, most projections have him going in the top 10.

And if you think he's small, you've obviously never stood next to him. Dear god the dude is massive. Perfect size for a quick OLB. He's not gonna bulldoze any O-linemen but he'll blow them so fast the won't know what hit em.

18. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

He's like a James Harrison type player. Good luck to him, was really painful watching this beast get into the Longhorn backfield this year

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I haven't seen a projection with him in the top 10. I haven't seen him in the 1st round. He looks like Selvie to me. Small. Same kind of player. Maybe a stronger motor, a little quicker. He is small. I'm sure he is a lot bigger than you. I am sure you are a tiny little pencil. I'm not worried about him being bigger than you. Or me.