1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vince DOES want out!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by wizardball, Aug 5, 2004.

Tags:
  1. wizardball

wizardball Member

2. sabirk

sabirk Contributing Member

Isn't he still under contract? If so it doesn't matter what he wants, right?

3. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

pls post text. many are too lazy to register for online reading.

4. hjg877

hjg877 Member

Direct link:

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...189&call_pageid=968332188492&col=970081593064

Steinberg would neither confirm nor deny reports that Carter wants to go to New York. But last week a person close to Carter told the Daily News that he "absolutely wants to be traded to the Knicks."

Raptors GM Rob Babcock has said Carter, who has four years remaining on his contract, is an integral part of his team. Still, the Daily News reports that the Knicks and Raptors have had preliminary discussions regarding Carter and would likely have to include a third or even fourth team to make a deal.

Looks like NY on nowhere.

5. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Not if he demands a trade.

6. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

He can demand anything he wants, he's still under contract.

7. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

he can't do anything but stop playing well, he could throw games away and all that stuff and then that may force Toronto to trade him but he can't do anything beyond that

8. wizardball

wizardball Member

Shaq.....McGrady..kidd....list goes on and on- who have asked to be traded...when your star player demands a trade...it happens!!.

these guys are the highest paid employees of the NBA....your salary determines your power.....the fact that most people say the players should have no say is a farce.....in any organization the highest paid employee is always the most powerful...getting a little bit off track here but .....it's not like a computer scientist...where you can replace him with someone from India:D ....these guys are paid big for their talent....cause there are not many that can provide the same service....they mean a lot to a city's economy and effect large corporations in their marketing strategies....so yes he can demand a trade and WILL be traded if he wants to be!

9. VinceCarter

VinceCarter Member

i want to be traded?...nobody informed me!:D

10. daNasty

daNasty Member

Well that's too bad. Toronto been good to him and he won't find a better place especially in NY. He won't survive there if he doens't perform well. No Vince Carter, Air Canada is going to be empty.

11. crimsonice

crimsonice Member

please... NY media has been reporting all of these VC related articles all summer and most of it just bs....

Vince said he looked forward to playing to Toronto this coming season just a week ago... I don't see Toronto trading Vince anytime soon...

12. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

That hasn't seemed to matter much lately. Freakin' spoiled millionares...

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

This isn't anything new - rehashing the same reports that have been coming ever since the Raptors managment didn't seriously court Dr J as a GM. Vince has been pouting ever since. I'm personally suspicous that this has simply been the convienent excuse he's been looking for to ask out of that dead-end franchise.

They still have to find a taker, though; more importantly, a team that can offer them a legitamite All-Star in return or is willing to accept a boatload of their bad contracts.

Kidd?
    Shareef?
    Webber?

I'd place odds that he'll be a Raptor come Nov.

Evan

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The difference between this and the Peja thread is hillarious. I like a player who wants out, what can we do to get him. I don't like a player who wants out, he's a spoiled millionaire.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Trade him for Peja. They probably make similar money.

16. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

17. VinceCarter

VinceCarter Member

KeepKenny....

i don't think the guy was trying to mislead you.

The longer the raptors hold on to him the less they will get back...if they started playing games and lost most of them. his value will sink even more. plus more pressure to get rid of the cancer on the team.

which means that HE WILL BE TRADED!:p

18. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

Well, I want a solid gold toilet, but it just ain't going to happen, now is it?

19. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Where is MacBeth? What's going on with his other team?

20. Sane

Sane Member

Vince is a real dumbass. With one more solid addition, if he is an elite player, they should be able to contend in the East. For example, if they get someone who will play some minutes at C with Araujo and Bosh, that would be great. Jerome James, Potapenko, Olowokandi, Nazr Mohammed, and Mutombo come to mind in a trade involving recently signed Morris Peterson:

Mutombo/Araujo/Bosh
    Bosh/Marshall/Sow/Archibald/Moiso
    Rose/Marshall/Murray
    (Insert player here)/Mason/Alvin Williams
    Alston/Mason/Alvin Williams

Put Kobe, T-Mac, or even Paul Pierce on that team and you're a solid Eastern Conference team. Why can't Vince do it? One season of top 4, and if Babcock is any good, he'll be able to upgrade significantly the following season. Hell, Bosh's improvement ALONE should be tremendous, and then Araujo may blossom. Marshall pulled down 10 rebounds per game last year. That's a good team. Vince is just a whiner.

If I'm the Raptors, I go for Peja and Bobby Jackson for Vince.