1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vince Carter Undercuts Patrick McCaw / Patty Mills undercuts PJ Tucker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Huricane, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

Vince Carter is a real mess after nearly breaking a Warrior

Earlier today, in the game between the Golden State Warriors and Sacramento Kings, Vince Carter undercut Patrick McCaw,which left McCaw with a gruesome injury. McCaw left on stretcher and could not feel was reportedly paralyzed from the waist down as he could not feel the lower half of his body.

Undercutting a player underneath the basket actually happens quite often and players know that this is a move that can injure a player as the going up for a dunk, layup/rebound is not able to control the fall.

So you are probably asking me why I am posting this incident in the GARM and how this is rocket related.

In the first half of the game earlier today between the Rockets and San Antonio, Patty Mills undercut P.J. Tucker and P.J. Tucker took a hard fall. It was a few minutes before half-time so the guys had gone into the locker room, but you could tell P.J. Tucker was not happy about the move into goal but of time getting back up.

I forgot who the announcers were, but one of the announcers had made a comment about whether or not this particular move was a flagrant foul. They said it was a foul but not a flagrant foul. I forgot the reason that they had given for it not being a flagrant foul, but if my memory serves me well, it was something to the nature of the fact that Patty Mills had nowhere to go war that it was a legitimate play.

My personal feeling is that undercutting another player is unnecessary and dangerous, and for that reason it should be prohibited. The fact that the announcers even made a comment about whether or not the play was a flagrant foul or not, reflect the fact that the announcers understand that these types of place can cause serious injury.

If someone could make a clip of Patty Mills undercutting P.J. Tucker and the comments the announcers made, it would be greatly appreciated.

I've attached the video of Vince Carter undercutting Patrick McCaw below.

in this video, Steve Kerr even says Vince Carter knows better.

Horrific Patrick McCaw Injury Leaves Vince Carter In Tears

#1 Huricane, Apr 1, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    bilaal14 likes this.
  2. HTM

HTM Member

I don’t think McCaw is paralyzed...

c1utchfan925 likes this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Kerr needs to stfu about Vince knowing better when you have Zaza purposely hurting every other player.

4. Huricane

I know that Steve doesn't say anything when Zaza hits other players, but I am glad that Steve Kerr said that Vince knows better because it is an open secret about which players are dirty and what types of plays can lead to injuries for opposing players. It brings the issue to light and sooner or later, it is going to force the league to address this issue.

The purpose of starting this thread was if anyone recorded the game, if they can upload a clip of Patty Mills undercutting PJ Tucker.

#4 Huricane, Apr 1, 2018
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He isn't paralyzed genius.

tinman likes this.
  6. hakeemthagreat

The Spurs are one of the most dirtiest teams. These little injuries we're seeing aren't by accident, like the PJ Tucker undercut today. Teams are taking little cheapshots especially against us being the top seed. The more Harden plays the more chances someone pulls a Blake and slides under him and hurts his ankle. Anybody remember that Ginobli play where he hurt Aaron Brooks?

7. Buck Turgidson

Other than Hawking, who ever was?

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Difference is that Vince is truly remoresefully and was attempting a half assed undercut while Mills is a purposeful little prick who's goal is to hurt another player. Bowen did the same thing back in the day.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Bowen was actually where I first learned to start watching for this.

Also... Blake Griffin.

slothy420, D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

It was a dirty play by Mills.

12. Huricane

That was not the only dirty play by Patty Mills in this game.

Mills runs straight at Gerald Green, and then shoves his left arm into his chest as well as grabs Greens junk.
    Green ended up going to the locker room after that play.

13. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Hoe ass move, I would’ve beat his ass. Suspend me now before the playoffs

14. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

This is a bit more common than I thought. It seems like every bum-ass garbage scrub is getting in on the dirty cheap shot undercuts.

Case in point: Trashcan Kardashian

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Forgot about the play on Gerald, that is a dirty ass play too.NBA should give him a game but won't. This is why I wouldn't play my starters or rotation guys extended minutes , guys like Mills are taking shots on Bush league type BS. Unbelievable!

#15 TEXNIFICENT, Apr 1, 2018
    Jontro, slothy420, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  16. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

They cannot win, so they use this kinds of things. It is not good to vs them in playoff

roslolian, slothy420 and D-rock like this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

What is it about Australia producing more than its share of dirty players? Mills, Bogut, Dellavadova... and let's not forget Steven Adams, who grew up right around the corner.

18. macan

macan Member

hate this dirty spurs team and coach poop intentionally allows his players to play dirty too..sending negative vibes to the whole spurs organization!

19. Game7

Game7 Member

Superman. I think that was/is his name.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Doesnt even try for the ball, went straight at Green with bad intentions.

heypartner and Huricane like this.