1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Viewing Parties in Dallas?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedDragon01, Apr 20, 2013.

1. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

So I've been watching non-national tv Rockets games on League Pass Broadband all season. I was able to watch most of the ESPN games online until the last game, when ESPN decided that I don't actually have access to their online channel. I hate fighting through all of the ads, disconnects, low-resolution, and lag problems of the other national games through various streams or whenever League Pass Broadband doesn't seem to be working. As you can probably see by now, I don't have cable.

I want to enjoy the Rockets playoffs games this year and I live in Dallas (Garland area). Does anyone know of any good places to watch these games (sports bars, etc)? I'd prefer somewhere with sound, but it's obviously going to be hard to find that. Big screens are a plus, but seeing how I'm in Dallas, I've found that it's difficult getting the "big screens" designated for Rockets games in the past.

Any favorite places out there that you know about that might be Rockets-friendly?

2. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

Bump.

I know there are at least some Dallas area Rockets fans. No insight here?

Well, for what it's worth, my wife and I are going to try to catch the game tonight at The Fox and the Hound in Richardson.

3. vicykandy

vicykandy Member

Crazy how Rockets has more fans in Australia than in Dallas. I know Austin has lots of Rockets fan which is surprising :D Thank you for cheering for Rockets in Dallas!

4. teebone21

teebone21 Member

most bars will show the game. IF you want to stay at home and enjoy it use firstrowsports like everyone else that don't have cable TV

5. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Try Fox and Hound, there is one in Richardson I usually go to but there are other locations that might be closer to you. I don't know if you'll be able to hear the broadcast but a simple solution would be to use your smartphone and listen to a rockets broadcast by using a radio app.

6. nef2005

nef2005 Member

I'm studying for a test tonight, but the next game I'll make it out. Fox and Hound in Richardson is not too far off from my old job.

7. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

Heh. I'm originally from Houston. I just moved to Dallas in 2001. It's hard being a Rockets fan in Dallas though. Especially during the previous Mavs' Finals stretch.

Honestly, firstrowsports streams are the ones that I was talking about. Their ads, constant disconnects, and low resolution add up to be a very unfun solution to watching Rockets games. Having the channel operator spend time changing programs to Django unchained, p*rn audio, or opening the channel lineup menu during the games just makes it worse. I'd prefer League Pass to just show every friggin game, whether it's on national tv or not. I think it's stupid that they don't show it online if it's on national tv. They're unrelated services. I pay for an entire season of League Pass and don't have cable. It's quite unfair that I don't get the nationally televised games because of some stupid archaic agreement that television stations have for broadcast rights.

This is the one my wife and I will be going to. So if you make it out for any game during the first round, I'm going to do my best to get one of their comfy couch rooms to show each game. Maybe I'll see you there at some point.