1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Terrence Williams reminds Jonny Flynn what he did to Syracuse

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cvhQjWRrGcw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looking back: In Louisville's senior year, Terrence Williams was 2-0 vs. Jonny Flynn and Syracuse. T-Will had 15 points on 7-14 shooting to go with 9 boards and 5 steals in a 67-57 win at Syracuse on January 25, 2009. He also had 11 points, 7 boards, 6 assists and 7 steals in a 76-66 win on March 14, 2009. Here's his 7th steal from that game.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BZrsIDmkvPk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's a <a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/20/sports/ncaabasketball/20louisville.html">story from the New York Times</a>:

2 people like this.
  2. CCorn

CCorn Member

And they've both done so well in the NBA :rolleyes:

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have a feeling we are going to see a large amount of Squid this year.

How Adelman is to Bonzi & Metta, McHale will be to Terrence And Jonny...

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If TWill could get his effeciency up to the level of his talking...he would be a superstar.

DD

5. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

You seem to be down on T-Will and high on Thabust.

Why is that?

At least T-Will is more proven than Thabust.

6. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

DD I dont recall T-Will playing bad anytime he's gotten minutes..

I'm not the guy who is saying Twill is DEFINITELY gonna be an all star.. But who was the last guy to have fun on our team?

I would venture to say that humor and trash talk builds chemistry

7. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

T-Will and Flynn are the two players I'm most excited about seeing this year.
    Huge upside in my opinion.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You know whats stupid? talking down on any of the players on this team, we should all think highly of them and hope the best for there future, and not make fun of them by giving them childish nicknames.

9. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

This guy needs to tone it down since he hasn't done **** since his college days. Why can't he be like "a pitbull" now ?? If he once was, better get that fighting mentality back asap

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Because he likes players with no basketball skills that act sad and don't talk much

and hates skilled ballplayers that are energetic and smile and talk all the time.

I have a feeling DD grew up being a Thabeet.

#10 REEKO_HTOWN, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  11. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I'm thoroughly enjoying these training camp videos. Very interesting behind-the-scenes look at the squad. Much appreciated, Clutch.

12. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Triple Double

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

DD probably got cut from his Jr. High team for being too unathletic.
    Now he sticks up for the crappiest and unskilled payers in the league who show a lot of "heart".

1 person likes this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Now THIS is sig worthy... :grin:

1 person likes this.
  15. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Did the broadcaster say "he got raped from behind"? Lol

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Honestly, T-Will is funny. He's loud, but he's funny. If you watch him in practice, you will laugh. His teammates certainly do.

Today he pointed to Fox 26's Mark Berman and said, "Look, it's David Stern!" The Fox/Rockets.com crew was supposed to be filming him shooting the ball (at their request) and they got derailed by interviewing Scola. T-Will let them hear it... in the middle of the interview, he was 10-15 feet away. "Wrap that **** up, Scola." And of course this (with Flynn). I thought the "hey, you was there" line was funny. His dancing during the Bullard three-point contest to distract him too was funny.

As far as making a contribution, he'll need to make his mark defensively for this team. Expecting him to be LeBron on offense is unrealistic, but he's a supremely conditioned athlete with very good all-around skills. I'm hoping that not making Adelman's rotation was more about Adelman already have the guys he trusted and that T-Will cracks McHale's rotation this year. If so, his development gives us more reason to watch the games.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If Squid ever gets an adequate jump shot, he'd have a chance.

Last year, he reminded me of Spanloulis: totally uncomfortable without the ball in his hands-- the anti-Kevin Martin.

He has to understand that, at the NBA level, he isn't going to be the "point forward" that his natural skillset says he is and must learn to do stuff to help the team win without the ball in his hands (cutting, floor spacing, etc.) A jump shot will help a lot.

Squid talked about looking to Shane Battier and Bruce Bowen (and Metta) as models to emulate on the defensive end. Maybe he should look at Shane and Bowen's offense, too-- i.e. these guys don't have much ball skills, but manage to help the team by knocking down open shots and moving the ball withotu wasting the shot clock.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Me too, it would be great if he could unleash all that skill, he is clearly a skilled player, and a supreme athlete.

DD

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Clutch, who do you think has a better chance of cracking the rotation?

Thabeet or T-Will?

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.