1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Terrence Jones highlights vs. Iowa Energy (3/21/2013)

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Crabdribbles, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Crabdribbles

Crabdribbles Contributing Member

Terrence Jones scores 31 points on 12-13 FG
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rBxdU7CWGKk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry that the video isn't great quality. It's the best I could get.

Read more of my analysis at Crabdribbles.

4 people like this.
  2. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Pretty impressive stuff. I think he'd be better off the bench than T-Rob if it weren't for his injury. He can shoot the 3, can drive to the basket, and has the height and length to rebound and provide hustle plays. Too bad the season's ending soon, I'd have liked to see him get serious NBA playing time ala D-mo.

3. choujie

choujie Member

Now I see why Royce White ran away from Vipers. Jones would make him look really bad.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So refreshing to see a rookie take his job seriously and get the work in.

I still have hopes for this guy.

DD

5. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

just curious, what's the record of this defense dominating iowa energy?

seem like a varsity player playing against jv team.

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Great game by TJones. I think he will get some minutes with the Rockets before the end of the season. He hasn't played for so long because of his injury, I think the Rockets probably wanted him to get some work in with the Vipers before he takes the floor with the Rockets. With he way D-Mo and TRob are playing I would be surprised if TJones gets his shot with the Rockets fairly soon.

7. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Dork Elvis is inflating his value by keeping him in the D-League. He'll continue to demolish the competition at that level, making him a very enticing young forward come this summer. He has a lot of things working in his favor. He's only 21 years old, versatile, skilled, and committed to his craft.

He's certainly the most interesting of Houston's 3 PF prospects, and could wind up being a major piece in a pre-Draft blockbuster.

8. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Terrence Jones plays like a big James Harden. Didn't know he is so skilled. Why the heck he never gets any playing time? He is way more polished than DMo and TRob.

9. tikwanleap

tikwanleap Contributing Member

He had a wrist injury.

10. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

This is how you dominate the DL, not some Royce White 9pt BS.

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Jones has been solid since coming into our organization. Thought he was the best rook in summer league IIRC. I remember that we were trying to get a 1st rounder for him @ the deadline. I would only trade him for a lottery pick.

12. BlueJazz

BlueJazz Member

Hope he will come back to the Rockets soon and get some playing time!

13. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Damn. Looks good. Going to be big off the bench next year...unless he starts.

Damn.

14. prs325

prs325 Member

So frustrating that McFail cant find a spot for him in the rotation.

15. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

He's been hurt. Plus, it's a little late in the season to try to be incorporating a new person into the system.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I've said it since draft night: this kid is special. all of those fans that want to trade him for a future mid-first rounder are severely undervaluing how good Jones can be. That's a big athletic 20-yr old. He can handle the ball, he can shoot (albeit he shouldn't fall in love with his jumper), he can rebound, he can block shots...

Obviously D-Mo, Robinson, and Jones makes for a crowded, young, raw 4 spot, and i have no doubt that one of them will eventually have to be moved, but i hope people realize that Jones has just as much upside as T-Rob; maybe even more, and we should find a way to get him on the court next year. We should NOT sell low on him just to clear up a roster spot.

Good things come to those that wait, and Jones is gonna surprise a lot of people next year. I really respect the way he handled what must be a very frustrating rookie season for him. He's been yoyo'd back and forth between the D-league and the Rockets bench. he's watched players like Robinson come in and get minutes right away while he waits his turn. Not a word out of his mouth about. I really respect his attitude and i hope he's rewarded for it next year.

1 person likes this.
  17. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

seems that he can shoot from the free throw line too...

18. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

TJ is pis'd that D-Mo, Robinson, and freaking Delfino are all seeing time at the power forward position and he can't get a minute and he's been the best power forward on the team from the day he was drafted...

McHale is phkking up by not playing this kid. Can't go strictly by practice (we talking about practice), got to put him in the game.

I bet he gets called back up with in a week.

19. CertifiedTroll

I have said it all year long that Jones is our best PF. I really wish he was playing right now for the Rockets. I am probably hyping him up way too much, but he seems very very good.

20. rocketfaithful

Terrence Jones should start with T-Rob and D-mo getting the minutes off the bench(depending on which one is playing best that day). I really like TRob but he isn't as offensively gifted as Jones yet. He has better offensive skills than TRob and better defensive skills that Dmo. get this man some minutes!