1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video:Spurs commentator shows respect for Parsons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaiHua, Dec 1, 2013.

1. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

I am not sure if this deserves its own thread. But I bet it is better than those LOF and LOH threads at the very least. I just rip this clip from today's game and want to share it with you guys.

You can sense how desperate the spurs commentator sounded like while Parsons shot the ball from downtown. And how surprised they sounded as the ball clanked. This is what we call RESPECT:cool:

Chandler Parsons might be our third legit star as long as he keeps improving his game and stays healthy. We’ve gotta keep this guy for sure.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HDjuV7iV8E4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. nono

nono Member

Yes, he is our third star(ter)

3. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

I didn't hear any respect shown for Parsons in this clip lol.. It was a close game and they were just worried he would tie it up

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Sean Elliott has a Chandler fetish, he like went on and on and on all game

I think it's something to do with them being fairly similar players (and not some white pretty boy thing, lol).

5. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

=_= sorry for the typo....

6. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

I didn't hear any respect. Elliott can't stand the Rockets.

7. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I used to work with Bill Land (the play by play commentator). He's a real stand up guy. I could see him calling a game fairly objectively. Don't know about Sean Elliot though.

8. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Elliot might be the worst commentator in the NBA. His bias goes above and beyond the realm.

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Spurs announccers are HORRIBLE, especially Sean Elliott!!!! Makes Drexler look like JVG or Hubie Brown.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yeah, I remember Elliot speaking glowingly of Parsons in past games as well.

11. Swedish_Rocket

Loved the dissapointment in their voices...
    "Ugh...he cannot go left!" :grin:

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Bonus footage: Elliot's reaction to Harden nailing the 3.

13. bongman

bongman Member

Great thread. Got me thinking about the future of the spurs vs the rockets. A lot of experts have been saying Kawhi will be the future of spurs basketball. If you compare the 2, Chandler seems to currently have a lot more impact on his team than Leonard. I am not just talking about statistics as we all know anybody can pull off certain stats to show who is better . I am talking about just plain ol eye test. If you looked at the game last night especially during crunch time, CP was a lot more involved in the team play and Kawhi was never mentioned yet the spurs announcers kept praising him.

Our future is bright because our best players are still young and when their vets retire, they will be left with only Leonard and we'll still have a 3 more better players than them.

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I don't know, Chandler has both of his kidneys.

15. bongman

bongman Member

To add to my previous post, people were also praising organizations for stealing Leonard and the manimal. What does that say for our number 38th pick? If you look at just pure impact to the game and look at the 2011 draft, it is not hard to justify (given hindsight) that he would be in the top 5.

16. webattorney

webattorney Member

Parsons has been given every opportunity by Rockets and Mac to succeed, so it's not surprising that his game is growing.