1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Royce White highlights vs. Idaho Stampede (3/13/2013)

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Crabdribbles, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Royce White is too far behind, both in terms of condition and in terms of just getting used to pro-level competition, to be of any use this season. Hell, many rookies who don't even have his issues are far from ready to contribute.

This D-League stint is really about getting him into a routine so he can hopefully train hard in the summer and become ready next fall.

1 person likes this.
  2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I agree he won't be ready this year

But this one finally showed me some awareness. Some skills that seemed like they had a place in the NBA. I feel like he'll have to be taught to give it to a guard if possible immediately--with his vision, he'd be an unbelievable outlet man if he looked for it everytime right away. Also think he's gonna get called for 5 million offensive fouls when they give him open jumpers and he tries to drive around guys standing 5 feet off him (i.e. the Rondo treatment on a guy not as quick as Rondo)

3. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

FMD !!!

Novak can get 4 year 20 million contract for 1 skill shooting spot up 3's then White will play in the NBA.

4. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

White major weaknesses is shooting and fitness

both can be improved

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He seems like he has all the skills and strength but not the athletic ability and speed to go along with it.

6. AFS

AFS Member

That one skill happens to be one that is useful for every single team and system in the league. It doesn't hurt that his defense in general has improved.

7. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Jason Kidd is a snail and still starts
    And his a pg

8. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

to be fair, that is more or less because the Knicks are out of their minds. :p

I'll say it right now that the Rockets will probably finish with a better record than the Knicks, they're going to suck REALLLLLY bad in the final stretch, did you see the lineup they ran out there today in Portland?

9. dragonz

dragonz Member

spot up 3 is different, if you can shoot spot up 3s, even you can get in NBA.

10. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

Given the Rocket's style where pretty much everyone can get some handle on the basketball, White's skill should find uses, they probably want him to work on having at least an acceptable corner 3 shot though.

11. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

I'm going to run out of rep points to give if you keep putting up these DLeague highlights!

Thanks Crabdribbles.

Would love to see some of Whiteside's defense/block shots (not this game, but more season compilation)!

#31 mike_lu, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Was he constantly probing the lane? From the highlights it seems like it, if so that's a big plus for me.

Still it's hard for me to get excited. Guess we'll really know when summerleague rolls around.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Are we going to ignore Glen Rice Jr's 28 and 13 boards on 9-14 shooting merely because he was a +- 4?

14. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

I would want the Rockets to sign Rice in the off season, but I wonder if he's up for that (I think he's eligiable for the next draft so he's probably going to try his luck there first.)

15. MtMutombo

MtMutombo Member

Im willing to do a Whiteside compilation. He's bottom of the food chain right now tho. Got 0 minutes last game. Got scrub minutes the game before. Chris Daniels takes all his time now... some time having passed, I think Whiteside is a talented skill player but he does not have a good feel for offense, better for defense tho, and is often playing blind... if that makes any sense. Blocks and put-backs tho... you cant teach that and he's got it.

My Channel of analysis: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCop4p-GrYTtHkCGi5Su4wlg

I really REALLY want to do a Glen Rice compilation. He needs to get some viewage. I see him as an effective scorer/defender in spurts off the bench at the NBA level.

16. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Mmh still doubt he will see NBA action this year.

He needs to work on his left hand and jump shot.

17. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

Have you seen Rice's numbers in March? I know its the D-League but the guy is ballin'.

Royce already looks like he's lost 5-10 lbs in the last month.

18. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

One of Royce white's baby mama is on sports radio 610 talking bad about him right now. Lol

19. MtMutombo

MtMutombo Member

I know Rice is BALLIN. He has been doing so since Royce showed up. He's a monster on defense too. That is an NBA signee waiting to happen.

I saw royce last game and thought the exact same thing. He has lost some weight.

20. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

If this guy would hustle, he would be great. He just doesn't hustle at all. He doesn't contest jumpers, he doesn't show well on the pick and roll, he doesn't come out to guard the ball-handler at all, and if he thinks he's fouled, he doesn't hustle back on defense. His talent is great, but he needs that motor!