1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Rockets Scrimmage, 10/2/10

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RMGEEGEE, Oct 3, 2010.

1. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q4i8Jrr2Nmg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q4i8Jrr2Nmg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

6 people like this.
  2. ballclub

ballclub Member

Link

The Rockets held their final practice in Austin yesterday, and for the first time all week, they let members of the media in to see the team scrimmage against each other (thank you Rockets!). This was the first real practice the media had been able to watch since training camp started.

It struck me how intense the action was. The players were going “all out” against each other to the point it’s a surprise that no one really got hurt other than Kyle Lowry and Jermaine Taylor bumping their knees into each other earlier in the week, which was minor.

Afterwards, coach Rick Adelman said he wasn’t pleased with what he saw Saturday:

I just didn’t think we came with the energy, or maybe it’s just a long week. They knew they were just going to scrimmage, but I felt we could have played much better. I don’t think we executed very well, especially our main guys. I just thought they weren’t into it. It’s been a long week, but overall, I think it has been a good week.

We don’t have alot of practices now. Like next week we’re going to have four games, so the practices we’ll have will be more breakdown, half-court things.​

0:00 - Kevin Martin and Shane Battier draining shots one after another. I know these guys are professionals and they’re supposed to make these shots, but it’s always amazing to see them do it in person consecutively without missing.

1:16 - Yao warms up before entering the scrimmage

1:33 - Yao plays in the scrimmage. Included are some good plays where he scores. It’s great to see him running the court at full speed.

2:51 - Chuck Hayes drums on Yao’s head playfully

2:53 - More good plays involving Yao

3:25 - Chuck Hayes dunks it and makes everyone in the gym go wild

3:47 - Jared Jeffries scores on a sweet spin move in the lane

3:58 - Yao ends his scrimmage and takes off his shoes and socks, then does stretching drills with new Rockets’ physical therapist Jason Biles

4:14 - Yao does stretches with Darryl Eto, the Rockets’ Director of Strength and Conditioning

4:33 - Kevin Martin scores on a nice jumper off the glass

4:47 - Adelman is interviewed about what they will do now that the schedule changes dramatically (four games next week), the new players who have made an impact (Courtney Lee, Ish Smith, and Patrick Patterson), as well as Yao’s progress during the week in Austin

8:39 - Yao is interviewed

9:11 - Shane Battier goes through some stretching drills on a big stretching rack

1 person likes this.
  3. cujo

cujo Member

awesome! thanks

4. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

5. ballclub

ballclub Member

you're welcome! I think this is the first video of Yao playing 5-on-5 since he was hurt 1 1/2 years ago.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Nice video

Im glad to see that they are working on fronting Yao, I think its going to be the biggest challenge for him throughout this season since he has always had trouble with it.

Bud's jumper is still orgasmic

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The Ish looks to be in great shape and quick on defense. martin looked sharp as expected as did Shane. Yao and Hill going at it was wonderful!! ;) ;)

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

1 person likes this.
  9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

So damn good to see Yao healthy!

10. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Nice scrimmage I guess but Jermaine needs to be on the floor :(

Anyways the Yao interview was great "I always look at the bright side in everything". I love that man ;)

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

budinger looks good

12. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Lookin' good.
    Yao still has the touch.
    And his feet are like the same size as the trainer's thighs, during the stretching.

Watch out for JJ, putting the moves on Scola.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

YES!! Finally Practice footage! Heat have Wade and James doing drills why cant we have more practice footage?

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This trip to China couldn't come at a worse time. With so many new players, players coming back from injuries, guys who were only here for weeks during the last part of the season, the Rocks really needed a full camp and pre-season. Don't get me wrong... it's an honor to be able to play in China and show them Yao's team. I just wish it was next season! Let Yao get healthy first, ya know? Get the guys on the same page.

Oh well, it is what it is.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I was thinking, who's the skinny guy that stole Chuck's jersey and made a dunk?

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think Chuck's going to have a career year. Adelman's going to have ulcers trying to keep him off the floor, because his play is going to demand some minutes.

17. ezzie

ezzie Member

awesome vid! thanks! :grin: :grin: :grin:

5 stars since i cant rep yet!

18. MD_in_Training

Someone needs to get Yao a longer pair of shorts. The ones he had on were like mid-thigh.

19. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

Great video thanx for posting it
    who knows maybe chuck will start

20. J-Man

J-Man Member

Good good yao did very good........