1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Video] Officiating in Rockets-Spurs Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 2, 2012.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Both instances were questionable. Lowry may or may not have been tripped. It's not obvious either way. If the defender was in the restricted area, it was only the heel of his right foot on the line. Hard to determine from the video. Either way, it is unfortunate that Lowry didn't get either call, but it certainly doesn't appear to be bad refereeing.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe if Lowry could learn to stop and pop he could make some shots instead of relying on referees to help him.

Relying on a 3rd party for your success is not a good strategy at all.....

Parker flops all the damned time but at least he is trying to make the shot....

Kyle could learn a lot from Tony Parker (Meh, that hurts to say).

DD

3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

They called a charge from Splitter jumping.... ???? No, he didnt jump they called a charge...and if he did jump that makes it an even worse call???????

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What I'm saying is it was a bad call, but I don't think Lowry deserved free throws.

5. BHannes2BHonest

True...but thats Lowrys game.. contact ... finishing at the rim... hes a little bowling ball.... hes not a finesse PG and Id say it has worked for him...

6. DaDakota

I don't think it was a bad call at all.

I think we need to stop bulling into people and hope the referees give us a whistle.

Instead, maybe our guys should start trying to make a shot, and if they get fouled, they get another one.

Relying on a 3rd party to blow a whistle and bail you out is a failing strategy, it may work occassionally, but will ultimately fail more often than not, especially in the playoffs.

Kmart seems to have adapted some, Kyle needs to do the same.

DD

7. DaDakota

Yeah, it has worked ok, but not to Parkers level...and it is not all star level play.

Lowry has to learn how to control tempo like the good PGs do, he needs to learn how to control his aggression and use it wisely.

And most importantly, he needs a midrange stop and pop game desperately...

DD

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

When you make a living out of running into players to draw fouls, the rules sometimes go out the window...we could go back and talk about the numerous times lowry charged and got a blocking call instead. The universe is evening things out now.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Technically, its a bad call because he wasn't out of the restricted area. I agree, though, that you can't just rely on bowling your way to the basket out of control. Lowry has made strides as an outside shooter. Next, he needs to work on his in between game. A reliable running floater would make a big difference.

10. DaDakota

Amen !!

Can I get a witness from the congregation !!

;)

DD

11. BHannes2BHonest

It was a bad call, by rule... judgement calls are tough....bad calls happen every game and we deal with it...its fine...... however, the consistency in last nights game from the officials on both ends of the court simply wasnt there and it cost us the opportunity to win that game... each one of those calls were a 4 to 5 point swing in the opposite direction....

12. DaDakota

I disagree.

I think the Rockets have no one to blame but themselves, they fell apart and the Spurs hunkered down and did what they do.

We are not mentally tough yet to win against good teams that know who they are late in games.

DD

13. Johnson2000

Johnson2000 Member

DRAFT PICKS

14. BHannes2BHonest

I agree with that.... Lowry does need to add a floater to his game... he is under control however when he bowls his way to the basket on drives though... he is rarely out of control except in situations like last night when Parker thought it was soccer and tried to slide under him for the "tackle"...

15. BHannes2BHonest

So officiating had nothing to do with last nights loss...???:rolleyes:

Im not saying it has everything to do with the loss because when it came down to it... Duncan killed us in the post and Parker slashed our D...its a mixture between the two... thats why i said the officiating cost us a chance to win that game... 4 or 5 point swing every time ... think about it

16. DaDakota

No, it did not.

Blaming the officials is a losing proposition, they are not something you should even think about.

DD

17. BHannes2BHonest

only some of the blame... not all or majority of the blame ... just some

18. bro2044

bro2044 Member

whenever fans complain about Bill and Clyde, I think of commentators like Sean Elliot and am glad we have 'em. That guy is such a biased idiot, he says the stupidest things has the worst reactions to whats going on on the court.

Clyde is incredibly cheesy, horribly so, but he's so good-hearted and he gives the other team credit and criticizes the Rockets. Bill loves this team, and is getting older and more easily frustrated with refs, but he does them give credit after replays show the zebras were right, calls the game well, and also gives the other team credit and criticizes Houston when times call for it.

I almost wish for Worrel and Clyde EVERY TIME other announcers are on. National TV ones dont bother me as much, but from other cities... Boston, SA, etc...omg they're atrocious and say DUMB things. Not cheesy, obvious things like Clyde, not PUNS like Bullard, but seriously mentally-slow DUMB things during the game. Also, I'll notice they'll also complain about refs, but then not give credit due after replays.

Matt and Clyde are annoying sometimes, but I like Bill and I like our guys just fine. Sometimes I think Worrell might kill Drex, haha, but they do laugh and have a good time back there. It wont ever sub for Murph and Bill back in the day for me, but sometimes I think we're a little too critical. Its better than having dumb, cynical homers behind the mics like some teams.

19. bro2044

bro2044 Member

btw, this game I wouldve been so livid. I was at work and missed it, but dear god I didnt know we had a damn 19 pt lead!

so yeh, losing that, the refs in the 4th, and losing by 8 with only 2pts in the last 3 mins... god i wouldve been so angry.

20. rawool

rawool Member