1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Maurice Harkless Career High 25 Points/4 Blocks VS OKC Full Highlights (3/22/2013)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PrawnJ, Mar 24, 2013.

1. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kHiMGeOhygE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On June 28, 2012, Harkless was selected 15th overall in the 2012 NBA Draft by the Philadelphia 76ers. On August 10, 2012, Harkless was traded to the Orlando Magic in a blockbuster trade that sent Dwight Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers and brought Andrew Bynum to the 76ers.

I honestly did not know much about this guy. Watching the highlights, he seems athletic and has a nice shooting stroke. He seems like a decent defender and has a good knack for blocks.

Heres his pre-draft workout video:
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9GqgFEaJ2kM?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What do clutchfans think of this guy? He could have been a nice backup at the SF spot. Moe Harkless about to show the world he is in Paul George's level?

2. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

We could stuck him at PF. At 6'8" he fits right in.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Had the Rockets picked him when he was available, he'da been traded to OKC instead of Jeremy Lamb,

He's part the reason why Dwight Howard or Andrew Bynum isnt in Houston. Orlando liked the deal of Harkless and Arron Afflalo better than the assets package what Houston was offering.

(Orlando got Harkless, Nicola Vucevic, Afflalo, Al Harrington, future protected 1st rounds picks from Lakers/Sixers/Nuggets {3 total})

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Harkless and Jonh Henson were two guys I desperately wanted the rockets to draft last year. So young, so much talent.

6. cdastros

cdastros Member

Looks like Tyler Honeycutt.

7. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Royce Whites agent: " MO HARKLESS... REALLY!"

8. SK34

SK34 Member

I was disappointed for not drafting him. I was happy with lamb and jones. I still have no clue why jones doesn't get playing time, I hope it's not cause he is lazy or anything. He can help a team out big time IMO (pattersons role back in the day)

9. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

fearless going at Durant

i like it

10. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

My dad went to St. John's so I've been keeping up with him. He's really raw but the guy is a natural scorer.

11. VBG

VBG Member

How could you be Mo Harkless?

He would honestly be perfect for the Rockets. Fluid, high motor, has range.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Orlando is laughing at each and every person who was hating on their trade for Dwight, including me.

Harkless, Vucevic, 3 first rounders, 2 second rounders, and then Tobias Harris from the Redick deal....they have some very solid building blocks and they're going to be pretty dang good down the line once they get their core settled in.

13. Anxiety Trooper

Yeah harkless & vucevic have really turned that deal into a winner for Orlando. You forget to mention Affalo.

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They would have been better of with Brook lopez. Lopez has been a beast this year. All those guys you listed above are guys morey gets in the 2nd round. Maybe their goal was just to tank, but this is the wrong year to do that.

15. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Dont worry we got Royce White.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Ah, yes, you're right. I did forget Afflalo. Yet another good young piece for them to work with. Hennigan is a genius.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

They've openly said that they want to follow OKC's rebuiding model of absolutely sucking for a couple years and then letting their good young lottery picks gel together like OKC did with Durant, Westbrook, and Harden.

Lopez is obviously better than those guys, but he would have helped them become, at best, a late lottery team. He's not a franchise changing player. Not to mention they'd have a max contract on their cap that would hurt their flexibility.

18. prs325

prs325 Member

Hes what Evan Turner suppose to be

19. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

magic will be like the nuggest in the East in 2 years or so

20. Anxiety Trooper

Vucevic is nota guy Morey gets in the 2nd round. He will turn into an 18 & 11 type player at center.