1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Video - Martin hoping for full season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pkothari1013, Aug 22, 2011.

1. pkothari1013

pkothari1013 Member

Just a little video to keep the lockout days going... Kevin Martin is interviewed by Foxsports.com. He talks about Yao, the lockout, Kevin McHale, etc:

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LUPVwPjGpgg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Enjoy!

5 people like this.
  2. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I remember every T-Mac interview/quote would receive many pages full of replies. He still gets threads in the forum until today. Martin is the new prolific scorer as well as the Rockets best player, but he doesn't seem to generate a lot of replies. The interview wasn't interesting, but that's Kevin Martin. He's very laid back, and just not outspoken like Tracy.

Even in the off-season during a lock out a Tracy McGrady video interview thread would have been on page three by now. He gave his fans a lot to talk about. A lot of people hated him because of that, but I always thought it was interesting.

Who can be that guy for the Rockets? T-Will has the mouth, but he doesn't have any game. I don't think anyone fits the bill to be honest.

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I've already lost hope for this season. It's good to hear some Rockets news though.

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Same here. Yao retiring crushed any chances this team had to accomplish something this year.

They should be a good team that's fun to watch, but I don't see any championship banners being unraveled in the Toyota center anytime soon.

5. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Frankly, I'm glad we don't have that guy. Kevin is all business just like the rest of our young team.

6. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Nobody’s talking about it because he didn’t really say anything new. Which is fine. Better than T-Mac always saying something dumb.

7. Chris Jent MVP

[​IMG]

8. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

Is it me or does T-will's face look photo shopped?

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

NBA Jam style.

2 people like this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is the kind of stuff that i think is news worthy during the lockout. Sure is better than finding out which player is on twitter. It is definitely better than anything T-Mac. I was never a big fan of injury proned players. You could never count on them. They tend to hurt a team more than they help. BTW, freak wrist and a few ankle accidents don't count as injury proned (just in case somebody throws that up) .

11. liljojo

liljojo Member

This guy interviews like he's reporting. It's really distracting.

12. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I disagree. Lowry is our best player. He can control the tempo of the offense, the defense, and change a game. Martin is too passive and doesn't usually effect the game, scoring quietly and never leaving a big footprint while disappearing late.

13. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

It sure does, LOL...LOL. Either that or he's related to Mr. Potato head.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think it's the latter.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Did he mean fool season?

16. acjeitherocket

thx for posting

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank goodness we got Kevin Martin.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I wish all CF's thought this way. The guy is a class act. You never hear anything about him outside of the court. He is one of leading scorers in the league and yet rarely gets mentioned. They would rather talk about people who aren't even with the team anymore. I think getting Martin was Morey's best move. His second best was drafting Patterson.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Getting Lowry and Scola for peanuts were good moves too.

20. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

The problem I have with martin is his lack of defense.
    Also for such a good scorer he is terrible at creating for others or creating his own shot. He just doesn't do much besides scoring. He is a very good role player. Ideal for playing with Yao.

The moves of getting Lowry and Scola for nothing was a better move. We did have to give up Landry for Martin.