1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[VIDEO] Last 3 Minutes of 1994 Western Conference Finals Game 5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TISNF, Aug 23, 2010.

1. TISNF

TISNF Member

[VIDEO] Last 3 Minutes of 1994 Western Conference Finals Game 5

I was going through some old VHS tapes this weekend and came across these gems that I couldn't stop watching, so I figured I would upload them to YouTube and share here.

Not sure if there's a specific media thread or section for this site, but, hey, it's always great and refreshing to see the Jazz lose again. I also included post game coverage from Channel 2, which has interviews with Robert Horry, Sam Cassell, and Mad Max.

Plus, I haven't seen this great commercial in such a long time, as I'm sure is the case with many of you.

Enjoy and [try to] have a happy Monday!

GAME 5:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8UabsrnNOOg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8UabsrnNOOg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Post Game:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PNxMX9Eqt88?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PNxMX9Eqt88?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Houston Rockets Fan Commercial:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NQmQH_nU6Sc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NQmQH_nU6Sc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

15 people like this.
  2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

p*rn ALERT @ 12 second mark :eek:

3. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

THat's freaking hillarious.

4. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

I thought it was Turner and Hooch.

5. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

it amazes me how people on this board talk about dumping up and coming players to land a star when we all remember dumping horry and cassel for barkley. thats turrible. Also sloans a douche.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I agree. Trading for Drexler was so stupid.

7. TISNF

TISNF Member

LOL yeah I guess that was a little hard to miss. But it got through the YouTube censors! ;)

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't worry dude, i remember back in the day people would use the same tape over and over again, media wasn't cheap back in the day.

awesome video, brings back good memories.

9. HRockets

HRockets Member

I was a lot younger when this happened so I didn't follow the Rockets like I do now. So I was wondering why they preferred the Knicks instead of the Pacers?

10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

who is that guy that was matching up against Hakeem he looked like Carlos Looser :grin:

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

LMAO.

12. GoRoc

GoRoc Member

i was only 1 year old when that game occurred, i guess i have a lot of things to learn about the rockets, because even though I knew the team won in those years I never saw the games.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The difference being, of course, that we already HAD a star. His name was Hakeem Olajuwon - perhaps you've heard of him?

Who, pray tell, is the Hakeem Olajuwon-type player on our current roster?

Oh, we wanted the knicks. They were from New York, they were getting all the hype, they had Pat Ewing, they had Pat Riley, they had Marv Albert, they had Spike Lee.....

No one in Houston wanted a Houston/Indiana matchup. We wanted New York.

Felton Spencer. He was a total stiff. Just 6 fouls waiting to happen.

14. throwedyung14

throwedyung14 Contributing Member

This brings back memories... the first ever NBA game i ever went to. Finally convinced my dad to fork over the money for a playoff game. Already a huge Rockets fan, at age 10 this was as exciting as it got.

I remember being behind the basket and chanting with the crowd when Hornacek was shooting FTs. Horn-a-*****! Horn-a-*****! Horn-a-*****! It's a pretty terrible chant in hindsight but as a 10 year old i loved it ahha.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Take note folks, now this is how you make a throwback thread. No need to take shots at the newer fans who were not around at that time. We're all Rocket fans here and that's all that matters.

16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Actually, looks like Brian cook to me. :confused:

17. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Anybody have one of those Clutch City tees?

18. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

I completely forgot about that SICK dunk by Big Shot Bob - That was TREMENDOUS !!!!!

19. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I got his autograph on some receipt paper at Gymboree at Rivercenter Mall in San Antonio. He came off as a really nice guy.

20. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

Felton Spencer