1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Video] Jeremy Lamb with the TMac Dunk

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Jun 29, 2012.

1. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3tnktoIjtiU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

starts at 1:25

2 people like this.
  2. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

That was pretty cool.

Thanks for posting.

3. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Shows a lot more explosion in his videos than I was expecting. He reminds me a little of a shooting Gerald Green.

5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

lol

it's almost exactly the same

6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Holy moly.

7. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

This was the only good thing about today's draft IMO...

Rolls Royce was mmmmmmm, ok...but the Jones pick made me want to cry.

I did call it, in a thread i made in the draft section...should've kept my mouth shut.

8. JD88

JD88 Member

Lamb was a great pick up. High flyer, like Paul George.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I know he has K-Mart comparisons cause of the body style and shooting, but they really don't look to be similar players. From what I can tell Lamb can play some defense and he is a MUCH better mid range shooter who can finish.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yeah ...kevin martin certainly can't do that.

1 person likes this.
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't see Martin at all. He moves his feet much better. Footwork is underrated for guards imo (at least by fans.)

Body type I get. That's why the Martin comparisons are coming, but I think they are totally different. I see Gerald Green is his movement with T-Mac type smoothness. Definitely not as athletic as T-mac though.

12. jogo

jogo Member

I love this pick. He is so smooth, makes it look effortless. That should not be mistaken for lack of effort; it just looks like it comes easy to him. Now, it probably won't be as easy in the NBA but there's nothing that makes me think he doesn't have a good shot.

13. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The only thing similiar about Lamb and Martin is that neither of them can add weight because of their frames. The similarities end there.

Lamb has a great midrange game, solid handles, can finish over the top of people, and has the physical tools to be good to great on D, all of which K-Mart lacks. Lacks. I think the closest comparison as a prospect coming into the NBA in recent memory might be O.J. Mayo.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

For all those making martin comps, when was the last time you saw Martin dunk over anyone... or dunk at all when not in transition?

15. freeze00up

freeze00up Member

:eek:
    This kid might be the only thing good about the rockets draft. This guy has a long wingspan which will help defensively and knows when to pick his spots on offense. But even with the nice dunk, he is definitely not gerald green type athleticism in any way.

16. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

lamb is only 20, he has time to add size.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Right. But he's clearly a much better athlete than Martin, who is not a terrible athlete anyway.

Something you don't see in this video but you'll see watching other videos of Lamb, is that he can knock down a contested midrange fadeaway. That's another part of his game that Martin does not have at all. And Lamb is only 20.

18. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Haha, "c*ck that baby!"

That's what she said!

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

I think comparing any player to Martin in a way to make said player look good is kind of stupid. KMart has one above-average skill. And he's very, very good at that skill, probably top-5 in the game at that skill. So saying a guy has more hops or speed or athleticism than KMart is pointless. So is half the SGs in the NBA. It's like saying some big man runs faster, jumps higher, and moves more agile than Yao Ming. Pointless because they would still get pwned by Yao in an actual game.

Here's hoping Lamb's shooting ability comes close to Martin though, because that's when he'll become a star player this team desperately needs.

20. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

Build the team around Lamb!!!