1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video] It is not an insult to compare Rubio to JWill

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by heypartner, Dec 28, 2011.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Rubio is on record saying he liked watching JWill and looks forward to playing for Adelman because he coached JWill. See quote below.

The video is of Jason's rookie season. It is divided into three parts. The first part is his crazy 3ptrs...then his fastbreak scoring ability...then...wait for it...his passing.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_RTX1shdXxs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm rooting for Rubio to duplicate the rookie year of Jason....and get better. But let's please recognize how huge Jason was as a rookie to warrant the nickname. He was 2nd in the ROY voting next to Vince Carter.

Here's what Rubio said about Williams and Adelman:

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

It is an insult to Rubio to compare him to JWill. His bball iq is off the charts. JWill was a lamebrain that could pass and do trickery with the ball. Sure, those highlights look sensational but for his career JWill was a terrible defender, terrible low percentage shooter that took bad shots all the time and ruined way too many possessions who would up with pedestrian career numbers and never was a factor for a winning team, much less the leader of one.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

First off, you're ignorant insofar as his Kings teams were good, and of course he was kind of a starter on an NBA championship team in 2006 playing 30 mpg....which I would hope outweighs "a factor for a winning team"....so there's that...

Second off, the master of insulting/inane/trolling Rubio comparisons here is you...
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=5534957&postcount=22

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I stand by my statement. Williams was a pedestrian player on that Wade/Shaq team. He could've been replaced by many other players, taking shots off that combo. Simply in the right place at the right time. But not a significant contributor. Wade/Shaq/Haslem were the significant contributors. Everyone else was a roster spot holder and minute eater.

I stand by my comments about Rubio. He is a transcendental player, because of his talent, his will to win, and his broad fan appeal worldwide.

5. heypartner

JWill was considered a transcendent player as a rookie. I think he was the first white player to sport tattoos.

Oh, and I spend an hour finding that quote to match the video and get no reps, and post it in a fair and orderly manner not to criticize Rubio. All y'all can go f!ck yourself. Hope you enjoyed it. Ungrateful bastids. :grin:

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Repaired, my friend. Next time google then post.

Transcendental is a good word, one that i can get behind...better than nonsensical trolling like "transcendant magic mj bird" and "best pg (sic) since oscar" silliness.

He's like the Thoreau of point guards, except Thoreau was probably a better shooter.

7. heypartner

Speaking of fan appeal worldwide. Didn't you read my quote....Rubio grew up watching Jason Williams and emulating him?