1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Ish Smith no-look pass to Chuck Hayes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I bet he's sensational during practice. :cool:

2. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

Yep, most entertaining Rocket this year. After watching basketball games for almost 20 years, I am thrilled to see something that I have never seen before. His talent is not athleticism, nor sharp shooting, but creativity.

3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Agreed 100%.

I really hope Ish starts on Wednesday. John Wall and him on the court at the same time will be a LOT of fun to watch.

4. Remlap

Remlap Member

"Swish" has potential to be a good point guard.
    If he can get more PT, make better decisions and learn
    to finish off his quickness, he could be dangerous.

That's right "Swish" Smith. You heard it first from Remlapp.

5. amaru

amaru Member

Fixed

6. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Swish doesn't make sense, since he's not a shooter :rolleyes:

D'Ish- it's his official CF nickname.

7. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Jewish?

8. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

The scouting report in the other Dish thread mentions that in pre-draft workouts he already started working on this. Basically, he has to put in thousands of reps, being careful to maintain good shooting mechanics, until his muscle memory gets rewritten so the good form becomes natural and he doesn't have to think about it. I really hope the Rockets are pushing him on this. He also seems to have a really good attitude, so hopefully he's motivated himself to fix this.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Adelman had said that Ish was their best passer before the season started. Now we know that he wasn't talking in hyperbole.

10. albuster

albuster Member

Ish makes the game very easy and fluid for his team mates. And, let us not forget his good defense as pointed out by Adelman. He keeps his man in front and this helps his team mates, especially the bigs, stay with their own men thus keeping the whole team defense more organized and harder to break down. Good job Ish and I look forward to many more enjoyable games with you as the starting pg.