1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] Mass Effect Andromeda

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Miranda looks too much like Michael Jackson and the reporter looks like Snookie to me. No, thanks.

2. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not a big fan of the trailer, but then again I can never really get into the storyline of ME. For me it is all about the planet exploration.

4. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

FYI Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 are now backwards compatible on Xbox One, and available on EA Access if you have it.

RocketWalta and tinman like this.
  5. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I am an unapologetic Bioware fanboy, so I will be buying this no doubt.

That said I'm trying to stick to my general video game practices and not preorder without any idea of the quality. I'm always cautious when the number of installments of a series starts growing towards Assassin's Creed territory. I may even ignore its release day and buy the first time it's on sale for under $50 for PC.

The trailer did little for me but the most critical components of a game like this (to me) are the character and story elements, which Bioware has a good track record of delivering on so I'm cautiously optimistic.

DudeWah likes this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

exactly.

[​IMG]

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looks Awesome has hell

8. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Id like to point out my dedication to Bioware. Bought an Xboxone and a new tv solely for this game and the cod4 remaster.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The Frostbite engine is so beautiful.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Hmm, looks like Mass Effect meets Kingdom of Amalur. I hope it stays truer to the franchise.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

This is definitely a buy

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

Yaaaaaasssssssss

14. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I'm currently replaying through ME1-3 as they are now on the Xbox One, so I have the best save ready for this. The load times on Mass Effect on my USB-3 720 RPM drive is quite impressive.

15. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

Dang, guess I'm buying an X-Box One.

Svpernaut, or whoever is in the know, how do 1 & 2 compare to 3? I've only played 3 but everyone tells me to play 2 and skip 1. But I really liked 3, warts and all. They worth it?

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: yes.

Longer answer:

Play 2 no matter what. It's a must play. I think 1 is as well, but I'm very biased. I'd say that if you are a fan of old school(relative to now) RPG's, i.e., kotor, jade empire, etc, then you will really enjoy 1. It's kind of dated now though, so you'll have to take a step back from insane expectations to really enjoy it. The story is still top notch and that should be enough.

Idk if I shared this, but I was on the last mission of ME1 more than 8 years ago and furiously refreshing clutchfans when the Ron Artest trade was announced.

It was an awesome moment and I have always had that memory tied to Mass Effect 1.

RocketWalta likes this.
  17. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

1 was excellent, but flawed. The story was great, combat was decent, and the rpg elements were really solid. I LOVED the conversations. It was buggy, though, very buggy.

Mass Effect 2 was dang near perfect. The story was outstanding, the combat was much better than 1, the rpg elements were streamlined, the conversations were still excellent, and the final mission was one of the best "missions" I have ever played. I wish they would have used that concept of your entire crew playing a part in the mission more often.

3 was good in its own right, but it was really disappointing to see the conversations really dumbed down. I liked the weapon mods idea, and the combat was perfected. The original ending will always bring that game down, to me, but it was satisfying to see such a great story come to a close, even if it wasn't the ending I wanted.

With all of that being said, all 3 are a definite buy. ME2 is still, to this day, one of the best games I have ever played.

RocketWalta and DudeWah like this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

19. tinman

Supporting Member

20. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I have been playing so far its pretty trash