1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Video Game) Super Nintendo Mini

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by nickb492, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Anticope

Anticope Member

Apparently these went up for pre-order on Best Buy and Amazon overnight but are sold out now. They're supposed to come available on a few other retailers (Target, WalMart, Gamestop, Toys R' Us) soon, hopefully today.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

walmart pre-order sold out in literally 10 seconds

KevinsBacon likes this.
  3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

There aren't any protections in place against bots. No I'm not a robot controls or anything. It's annoying.

4. Anticope

Anticope Member

I completely lucked out and was the last one to get one of the four that they had available in-store at the game stop near my office. Basically it takes a lot of time and luck to get one of these things, I got one and I'm still kind of frustrated with how much effort I had to put into it.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Wal-mart and Amazon over night. And today at 12C they went online at Walmart and Target. Sold out in less than a minute. Actually had one in my cart and then.....argh!

HOWEVER, GameStop at the PHYSICAL STORES does seem to have them for pre-order. 10 per store.
    I was able to get one where I live in Georgia. b00m :D

Supposed to be online at GameStop website sometime today, but right now the website is crashed.

Twitter folks, try following/add to notifications this person: https://twitter.com/Wario64
    He seems to be on top of things when they are available.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

I'm following him, but even with his notifications its luck of the draw. I literally had one in my cart for target and walmart and then they sold out as I was entering my payment info.

Might just build a retro Pi and call it a day. This is insane how stupid this is.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yup, same for me with Target, in the cart and then...ugh!

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Gamestop just went online again for pre-orders then crashed, keep F5ing as if it's a Melo rumor!

KevinsBacon likes this.
  9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I hate this ****. I'll just go look for an original snes and the games.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

you might as well get the mini from ebay. you will pay just as much with the amount of games.

Man, I miss the days of simple fun games. I'll be on the hunt for this.

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

True but I won't be limited to the 20 games on the mini. Sucks that I won't get to play the unreleased star fox game though.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Just looked up some of the prices of these old games. Holy cow!

13. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

There's always emulators. If Nintendo released these titles on Switch, I'd buy them. But until then...

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

RetroPi if that's your aim. Get that and an 8bitmondo controller and it will look and feel identical. Believe ve me, I'm in the same boat, but that's what I tell myself to get through the pain of missing out.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Im all for gadgets but with this s**t supply Nintendo can go f**k themselves. An emulator is a piece of cake for the older systems.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wait, this thing doesn't take the original cartridges? Wtf?

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  17. VanityHalfBlack

Not even a minute goes by without having to wait to pre order these without running out of stock. Fukking scalpers, you fukks!

mrm32 likes this.
  18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I wish Nintendo would just release all of these in a single Switch cartridge for the same price. I'd buy it.

19. Anticope

Anticope Member

That or just add virtual console to the Switch. It's astounding how incompetent Nintendo is in so many ways, I mean it's 2017 and you can't even send messages to people online on the Switch. They have these classic consoles selling out in a matter of seconds and they can't even be bothered to produce more of them, it's like they don't really care about making money all that much or something. It's incredibly frustrating coming from a company who makes some absolutely amazing games that people are still dying to play 20 years after they've been released.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Can you really call it incompetence when they're making money hand over fist off these?

You may not like what they're doing, but it seems quite calculated on their part and it's certainly working.