1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game] Sid Meier's Civilization VI

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'm very excited, will probably wait until December when I actually have time to play again. I hope my POS laptop can handle it.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I just bought this a few days ago... can't waaaaaaait!

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Pre-order if you want access to the Aztec Civilization.

Its a timed exclusive for pre-orders only for the first 90 days (after which it will be released to everyone for free).

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Been playing this since Civ2 with the stupid throne room gimmick which lagged my computer like crazy. I still feel like I haven't fully milked every scenario in Civ5 and I'm relying on that feeling to keep me away from this until it's on sale.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here's the thing. I got rid of my old gaming PC. I have a new computer but it's for editing. I was going to keep it clear of all games. But I do love me some civilization. So I guess I'll have to make one exception. I just hope it won't clutter and slow my computer down with crap. That means I'll have to get Steam on my computer.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's the appeal of this game? As someone who has never played I would love to hear what makes it great.

8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I loved all the prior Civ games, but I might be getting too old for this new one. Not enough time for it at all. Then again, I have to switch back to night mode for Saturday and an all night gaming session on Friday would be a lot of fun.

:(o_O:cool:

9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Target has a buy 2 get 1 free video game sale over Halloween weekend, so probably buying this. Also for board games, lots of selection for both.

Xerobull likes this.
  10. JiantJerbil

JiantJerbil Member

If you like grand strategy and general appeal to empire/nation building simulation. Then I guess Civ fits. As for Civ 6; I have high hopes for the "new" changes they brought on to the game to make it less cookie cutter as it was in IV and V.

Eureka bonuses/Multiple leaders/Unit stacking changes/Espionage/Religion/Casus Beli

Although the A.I. still is a bit subpar and upgrading the difficulty generally means more handicaps.

Sean Bean doe.

RudyTBag likes this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

Love the series. Would recommend Endless Legends for anyone who loves this genre. My biggest gripe with this genre is the late game always gets so bogged down.

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It's up to what you enjoy. If you want to be take over a nation/empire and be the leader deciding all of the decisions from technology research/taxation/public morale/military expansion and wars/cultural developments etc., this game is for you. It does it in a balanced way that allows you to rule your nation/empire your way based on your preferences. But there are challenges that will be thrown at you to deal with no matter what style you choose to use as a ruler.

If you don't enjoy that kind of game you won't like civilization. If you have any interest at all in any part of that type of gaming, this is the best there is at it. Even if you're just curious about whether or not you'd like it, this game will seal the deal.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Welp... it's out .... please don't suck. :D

Ubiquitin likes this.
  14. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And I still bought it Day 1. This makes it the third Day 1 Civ purchase for me.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I pre-ordered it from Amazon. The thing is that it doesn't even seem like it's been shipped yet, when I track the package. I was hoping to play some this weekend.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

My sound is all crackly and playing too fast. I had to switch from my GTX 760 to the intel integrated card to be able to play. I was having flickering issues in the game.

17. JiantJerbil

JiantJerbil Member

I also bought the 25th Anniversary Edition off Amazon... sucks that they don't even give you a Steam code. But weird yours hasn't been shipped yet, mine is expected tmrw. Although I'm not fretting on playing it anytime soon, don't really need to lose sleep over "Just...One...More...Turn..."

Anyone playing it right now, how does it feel compared to 4/5? (I'm assuming there's going to be no comparisons to the 2/3).

I'm still hoping they release the different leaders as free DLC rather than expansions which should be upgrading the mechanics of the game.

18. sew

sew Member

Have to choose between this and Battlefield 1. Anyone played both? Thoughts?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes, while I do like reading the book in its book form and a the map of the tech tree would be great to use, I wouldn't mind at least being able to start playing the game now and then pull that stuff out of the box when it finally gets delivered.

20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

love the sean bean narration. good choice. Game instantly crashes when i try to play though.. cant adjust any of the graphics