1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game Cinema] Assassins Creed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Snow Villiers, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Watched this last night and found it to be highly enjoyable as a fan of the games. The reviews haven't been kind to this whatsoever but thought the Action sequences were top notch. Makes a great companion piece to the games IMO. A solid B- from me.

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Fan of the games and of Fassbender. I was excited for the movie but the reviews were souring me to watch. Your post gives me hope so I'll be swinging by the theater soon to watch it

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I came in with low expectations and still left disappointed

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Not sure why this received such bad reviews. I thought it was a pretty good movie. Granted I've never played the games...so I didn't have any background basis. Fassbender is such a good actor.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

The games were a little ahead of their time in the sense that folks were not prepared properly for Avatars and time travel, and the game did not properly convey the idea. The plot was not clear to the players. That said, the historic part of the games were fun and a great way to waste time. And still are. The movie, however, did have that advantage and could have really enhanced the game, but was just as big a disaster despite a good cast.

Sadly, I played Watchdogs Legion this year and it had more stealth in it than Assassin's Creed. And that wasn't much.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Really good summarization for the AC franchise lol

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Devs: Let's be sure to have an insane amount of stealth follow missions people love those.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm a very casual gamer. I've always had an xbox. I play call of duty or fifa. Assasin's Creed is the only other thing I play, and I've played almost all of them.

I think it would work best as a TV show, changing the historical setting every season with occasional nods to the Animus storyline throughout. Show could do them in whatever location/time period they want, independent of where the games have taken place.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You could call it AC: Quantum Leap.