1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Full Terrence Jones Highlights - 20 points in 25 minutes - 10/10/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A guy who is scoring that easily has at least all star potential.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

This. Jones is what Patterson would be, if he was alert and active more consistently. I think Jones moves more fluidly, but Patrick could still have a similar impact. Guys like Jones don't usually have bad nights because they're so active. He'll helpful one way or another.

Who else has Jones been compared to? I think he reminds me of someone from the 90s, but i can't put my finger on who that is...hmm..

Patterson needs to step it up.

3. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Thanks for the upload. Hope he keeps it up. Can't wait for Friday.

4. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I'm glad he dunked on Thabeet. T Jones is a great energy player. He has so much potential and I think that a lot of people are sleeping on him. Back in Kentucky, he had to take the back seat to MKG and Davis and be the energy hustle guy that did all the dirty work in order for them to win it all. Because of that, his stock dropped all the way to 18. But I think that if he was able to go out every night and be himself and play his strength, he'll be in the top 10. I think our guys in Lamb and T Jones are top 10 talent.

5. trowa

trowa Member

i think he will great in a system with no go-to guy. Lin will play selflessly, unless lamb suddenly turn into a ballhog.

6. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Agree... Jones is a good player that is so fluid in his game. He is athletic, long, powerful and a good all around player. Patterson was thought to bring this type of game when first enter the league but they are both different. Patterson is a solid role player in this league and I believe Jones has a high ceiling to be a great impact player.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think Jones is already better than Patterson.

We will have to get rid of some players and get a more balanced roster.

I'm just concerned that if Jones and some others turn out to be good, it might hamper our tanking efforts.

8. koopa

koopa Member

This guy has nba ready body and great fundamentals..I think he might be in the running for roookie of the year. Why nba2k rated him like garbage? They always get it wrong at underrating and overrating players.

9. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

If they get it right the devs would be working for the big boys, and a real paycheck.

10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Thank You Orlando!!!

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Terrence Jones at 18 is a complete joke if you think about the mocks before last season. We really got a steal and if White fights his anxiety we have three guys that would never fall below 10 in other drafts.

12. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Tnx for the highlights Clutch! By the way, I think Jones got credit for 1 block but in fact had two. The other one came at 1:38 - 1:44.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Noticed this as well. Good catch!

Jones is the most talented 4 on our roster. Since this is a rebuilding year and we've got a lot of young guys that need development, logic dictates that you play jones and Dmo as much as possible. After a couple of yers of watching Pat, I think he's a weak starter or solid role player, but he's not the answer, and I don't think lat night did anything to change that perception.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Man, the Patterson hate is strong on Clutchfans today. He really didn't get much burn last night to really judge where he is at, and what role he's going to have going into this season.

Jones really had a great game, but it was ONE GAME.... in the PRESEASON.... against the likes of THABEET & ALDRICH.

I think the obligitory "He Look Ok" meme is in order, but in no way should the Morey be thinking about dumping Patterson right at this second because of this one game.

This was a very positive night for some, and a very so-so night for other. Definitely more positives than negatives, but lets wait until the regular season starts, and the Rockets are playing against real competition before we cast judgement please.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Its always the same. Its just college, its just summer league, its just preseason. When the season starts its going to be "its just the beginning of the season. I bet if they were to make the finals it would be "its just the 1st game of the finals".:rolleyes:

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Shouldn't get rid of Patterson, but not start him.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Wow.. T Jones looked mad when he sat down... love the killler instinct...

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He looks like that all the time.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So you want to go on record and say that Hasheem Thabeet and Cole Aldrich are the basis of comparison for true NBA competition???? If you think that's the level of competition he's going to face night after night in the NBA please let me know that you think that. Id love to hear it.

You need a few weeks of consistent play to really evaluate an NBA player. Sometimes a full season for a rookie.

20. Arthurprescott2

Interesting that criticism of TJones before/during the draft was that he had questionable motor - part of the reason he fell so low. But man, he was so active last night - ALL over that court - impact on both ends. These Kentucky boys are well-trained.