1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[VIDEO]Chris Paul Full Highlights 2017.12.11 vs Pelicans - 20 Pts, 9 Rebs, 6 Asts, Comeback LEADER!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cbs1507, Dec 11, 2017.

1. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

CP3 the Point God

#1 cbs1507, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    s3ts, TMac'n, mac_got_this and 14 others like this.
  2. And1redux

And1redux Member

Was our savior in the 3Q. Best back court in the league, no doubt

D-rock, Pen15clubber, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  3. xaos

xaos Member

The thing I love about Chris Paul is he plays with a sense of urgency that Harden does not when we are down. Chris Paul is the "rally the troops" kind of player Harden is not, even though Harden is our best player.

4. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

i agree with this

Mr Chuck Norris and Ozzy like this.
  5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Oh my god, that play where he batted the ball out of Cousins hands and went coast to coast for the layup. Awesome!

6. theimpossibles1

What a game! Those two 3s CP3 hit at the end of the 3rd quarter absolutely lit the Toyota Center up.

Between that and Capela's 4 blocks vs Cousins, the tone was set.

Very very similar to our last win vs the Blazers. Great gut check victory. LETS GOOOOOO!!!!

TMac'n, roslolian, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I thought he was going to feed Luc but then he made the perfect read and blew by his man and Luc blocked out the rest of the defense - super smart play offensively.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  8. riko

riko Member

Best point guard in the game. Sets the tempo really well. When we needed to push the pace he was running the ball and in the clutch when we needed poise he was calm and got the ball to Harden.

banzai and theimpossibles1 like this.
  9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

CPGAWD

cbs1507 likes this.
  10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Didn't you say in the game thread that Chris Paul is only "hunting assists" and we need to look for a guy like klay Thompson instead?

roslolian, Os Trigonum and tmoney1101 like this.
  11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yupp

12. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

My ways and means are limited. I've thought about dropping cable. I am having so much fun watching the Rockets since they got CP3. He is amazing! Him and Harden both. The whole team. I am totally enjoying the Rockets right now.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

14. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

well in a span of 2 minutes he proved me wrong, i just thought cp3 was being too passive at the time

roslolian and Os Trigonum like this.
  15. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

All you really need is good Internet connection and r/nbastreams. I haven't had cable since fall 2014 but been watching every Rockets game since we cut the chord.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have seen Chris Paul play live 10+ times at the Staples Center. Every single game I've seen him play, I walked away thinking that he was the most perfect basketball player I had ever seen. The way he controls the tempo, the crowd, the refs, the temperature, the beer, EVERYTHING. It seemed like he was cheating, and against a team with Chris Paul it almost always felt like it was hopeless, because he just sucked the life out of the building and instead forced his own pace, which was nearly impossible to counter.

Despite all of this, I still can't believe how gawdamned flawless he is as a basketball player. His hands and intuition are almost magical, in the way that Larry Bird's hands and intuition were almost magical. He is so far ahead of everyone else, and watching him play with a guy like James Harden who demands A LOT of touches (because of his greatness), somehow Chris Paul has still found a way to impact our tempo and intelligence in a dramatic fashion. I always knew he was this great, but watching him on the Rockets might be the most fun I have ever had watching the Rockets.

For me, Lebron will always be second to Larry as far as Forwards are concerned. And while Chris Paul will similarly always be second to Magic, I can't imagine two more perfect players than Lebron and CP3. He is immediately the best Point Guard to ever play on the Rockets, with all due respect to Calvin.

Daryl Morey has completely demolished all of the doubters in my eyes, and anyone that thought that Bev/Lou/Dek/Trez was "Too Much" to give up for Chris Paul, I say that now is the time to take a long look at how lucky we are to not be making decisions.

1. Rafer Alston < Kyle Lowry < James Harden.
    2. Fire Kevin McHale, Sign Mike D'Antoni. Criticized Nationally.
    3. Sign Eric Gordon. Met with injury related criticism.
    4. Sign Ryan Anderson. People still hate the signing.
    5. Cheap FA signing, 18th, 28th pick, 32nd pick = Chris Paul.
    6. Decline maximum contract for Chandler Parsons, Sign Trevor Ariza. Many fans were crying when it happened.
    7. Sign PJ Tucker & Mbah a Moute for a combined 9 million a season. "We coulda had Dedmon or Nick Young".
    8. Draft Clint Capela with the 25th pick. "Bust"

But most of all - Les finds and hires Daryl Morey, who we are so freaking lucky to have as our GM.