1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Boshterized

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hardLINer, Feb 26, 2014.

1. hardLINer

hardLINer Member

2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I don't like Bosh as a player on the Heat, but when he was a Raptor, he had a nearly unstoppable post-game.

That face-up jumper and post up were good back then.

Though, I think he has been just as valuable to the Heat championships as Wade.

He's just the third wheel.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He allowed himself to be relegated to that role by the way he approached that entire off-season. He was basically Dwyane Wade's lap-dog.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

LOL that Lou Amundsen dunk at 1:33 was amazing!

5. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

It's funny how unappreciated Bosh is playing next to Lebron. Put him on the Rockets we'd be instant contenders

6. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

I never understand posterizing fanaticism.

Easier:
    - driving at a guy with no care for body contact
    - getting more lift driving vs. defensive guy jumping from a more static position
    - dictating action vs. reacting
    - slam dunk (pretty easy for tall athletes)

Harder:
    - put body in a vulnerable position and taking whatever physical damage the offensive player might try
    - contesting shot/dunk without drawing foul, from a more static position
    - reacting vs. dictating action
    - still doing all the above knowing idiots on media/fan boards will talk about you getting posterized but doing it cause it's part of good defense (ie setting aside pride and being a professional).

The guy who tried to at least tried to defend almost always gets more respect from me.

2 people like this.
  7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

desensitized, Yao got dunked on so much, just 2 points anyway

8. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

Jimmy Butler's shoes are awesome in that video.

9. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

This...Thank you for getting it

10. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

yeah... the last guy I want on my team is a guy who does NOT want to attempt to block those shots. Remember that Carmelo dunk that was blocked at the rim by Hibbert in the playoffs? Could've easily been put on a poster had he not blocked that... but I want my big guy going after that block EVERY time. Put my guy on a poster if you want, but I'll also have a poster of my guy blocking your guy. BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!

11. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

says the guy with the handle of the most overrated move in all of basketball

12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

last one should be an offensive foul

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why is the crossover "the most overrated move in all of basketball"? :confused:

14. SacTown

SacTown Member

Bosh is a beast, a top 10 player in this league and would be top 5 as the number 1 option. Morey was genius to target him so strongly.

15. scottie brooks

Bosh to rockets!! Get the ipad air ready Morrey!

16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

It was meant as a joke but the poster was being critical of posterizing someone which always results in 2 points and sometimes an and-1 opportunity. A crossover can often result in no points and can usually be supplanted by good ball movement and slashing.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think his point was not that posterizing is overrated in terms of being effective. The point was on the supposed humiliation on the defender, which I agree. I prefer a defender who is not afraid to challenge a dunk than a defender who just duck out of the way everyday of the week.

The whole lame celebration of KJ's posterizing Hakeem was based on this culture of focusing not on the shot itself but on how much the defender was supposedly humiliated.

18. Chamillionaire

Bosh isn't a shot blocker. He's got more of finesse game. He shouldn't be the one getting dunked on. Too bad he's never had a "rim protector" behind him.

19. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

yup, this + crossover's post. Pretty straightforward.

I don't mind a dunk compilation, because some of these dunks are impressive. If they were all dunks BY one guy, great.

But all this shows me is that Bosh challenges shots at the rim harder than most. Awesome, good for him, and thanks for the video of some good dunks because they were up against someone trying to block