1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Aaron Brooks goes Danny Ainge on Kevin Love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 24, 2011.

1. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

It totally looks intentional. A lot of basketball players like to throw that extra contact with the person fouling them after the foul, simply because they can get away with it. I used to throw in that extra contact when I played organized basketball, but luckily I never received any basketballs to the face. Since Brooks has become the Rockets fans whipping boy, I think people are unfairly reacting to his action. What if it had been Lowry or Scola who was in Brooks' position? I don't think the fans reactions would have been the same, but it seems a lot of fans are looking for another reason to ship Brooks off before the trade deadline.
    To the person that said Scola is surprised by AB's action, it looks to me like Scola was looking away when AB threw the ball and didn't even see it.
    Brooks' reaction is definitely something I would have totally done in my basketball playing days.

2. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

For you young 'uns...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JDKeaF7nPrI" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

3. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

im just glad aaron wasnt throwing the ball at shaq

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2cUzJn83n9k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2cUzJn83n9k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

4. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Not sure I agree with most opinions. To me it looks like Love's smack is completely intentional. Brooks reaction might be unjustified, but it that does not make Love's smack OK.

5. Raven

Raven Member

Yeah, I agree.

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

Look, I doubt even AB's wittle wannabe punkass would appreciate the kind of knob gobbling his lone few followers give him on here. He's a big boy, not really, but he doesn't need you defending him on every turn like mama bird.

As for what I'm talking about, if you don't know, then maybe try STFUing, you know, for once in your life.

[​IMG]

And no I don't think its a big deal, just funny coming from a little mental midget like AB thinking he's hard.

#46 CXbby, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  7. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i think he would rather be traded to a team where he starts than stuck on the bench here.

8. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

They had the MJ "Just beat it" song playing but they should have played Akon 'Smack that" instead.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah I noticed he was throwing up some type of sign.

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I loved love's reaction. Gotta love a cool demeanor like that. I also like Brook's fire.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

The sequence just shows how our team is. Ok I know Brooks overreacted but where was his teammates when Darko pushed him? Nobody came over there. Didn't have to fight but stick up for your teammate.

12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Damn this thread turned into a character assassination. This is far from similar to Ariza. GARM can get fickle as hell with some players. And that's a horrible angle to accuse of gang signs. Seriously people quit looking for a reason to dump on him.

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

Nevermind I take back what I said after seeing the video again.

14. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Actually, Brooks has a point. Not saying he should have thrown the ball but if you look at the end of the video at the different angle, you see Kevin Love's arm outstretched left, beyond Aaron and then he brings it back to his face...

15. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Man that was awesome!!! Sir Charles dodged Shaq's first swing, ducked under and grabbed him, he then picked Shaq's leg up then tackled him into the ground. That was stright up UFC styles.

16. CXbby

CXbby Member

Horrible angle? How many angles do you need? I got the whole video, the dude was thowin 'em up there like he's lil Tupac. Like I said, no big deal, most of us knew he was a punk anyways.

17. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Maybe they dont like him anymore.

18. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I am not bothered by this at all, some of you act like little girls.

19. LScolaDominates

Are you saying Morey is Aaron's driver?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-aR62uXBUEc" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shaq would have thrown a punch but it would have been 3 feet over Aaron's head.