1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Aaron Brooks goes Danny Ainge on Kevin Love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 24, 2011.

1. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Yeah AB knew he lost his cool - at like 0:48, looks like he says "my bad, man"...so yeah he's frustrated, but he also knows he lost his cool for no reason. Stuff like that happens in basketball all the time.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I dont think it is as big of deal as some of you are making it out to be

it was certainly no danny ainge throw, AB did not throw it that hard and did not throw it at his face, he was just making a point

neither player did anything that excessive, no big deal

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

DM is tanking his value so when he resigns him he can say oh you're a bench player and injury prone... and oh look at your current stats. This is BS.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like it.

I would like to see more emotion from our players, especially Jordan Hill.

Play with fire, play like you are insane. We need it.

5. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I guess Brooks feels like the Rockets have slapped him on the face by not offering him a contract, he's not going to take on the court as well. :grin:

6. ApuN

ApuN Member

This is absolutely intentional

Its just like what Kobe did to Manu a couple of years back, he got suspended and it never happened again.

This big shmoe has the ability to bullseye a shot from 25+ feet out, throw pinpoint lead passes out of the paint but yet cant control himself flailing under the basket??

Pleeeeze

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL DM really is a genius if this is the case. After taking huge PR hits when he lowballed Landry, he's now resorted to subtle psychological warfare and premediated moves to lower Brooks' value. Who knows, maybe he was the one who caused Brooks' injury in the first place :p

8. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I like how Brooks throws the ball at Love pretty hard and Love looks like he hardly felt it.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

I thought he was grabbing for the ball when his hand landed on Brooks face. My guess is he was trying to initiate contact so he would get fouled, and he didn't care whether his hand landed on Brooks' face or not.

10. Asian Sensation

This makes me like Kevin Love even more. He was a class act for not escalating the situation and just letting it go. The guy clearly is not a dirty player and he was just competing and accidentally hit Brooks.

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

haha AB did look like a chihuahua among wolves.

Love and Darko looked like bullies. Why did Darko come to Love's aid? Didn't he see the height and weight disparity with AB?

AB's move was a reflex action over something he perceived as intentional. It probably stung too. His throw didn't even look that strong.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He got smacked in the face...didnt seem intentional, but i can definitely see how it would have felt intentional. I wouldn't read too much into it.

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. CXbby

CXbby Member

What caught my attention more than the throw itself was the gang signs Aaron was throwing at the crowd as he was going to the bench after fouling out. Anybody catch that? Or was it only shown on the Wolves telecast? In any case, that was hilarious. Silly little wannabe gangster punk. Sit your ass down.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What are you talking about? He was showing his teamates that he was standing with his hands up.

Unreal....

As for the incident, meh, big deal, AB got hit in the nose, it pissed him off, he reacted...happens all the time in sports.

DD

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

brooks (nor any NBA player outside of artest) knows no fight would happen. he wouldn't do this in the streets.

props to love for keeping his cool. love isn't a dirty player.

17. HTXEZE

HTXEZE Member

At least he just didn't let Love hit him and do nothing about it. I'm pretty sure Half of the our players wouldn't of done anything.

1 person likes this.
  18. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

At least AB provided some endgame excitement. It also probably broke the momentum of MINN's rally :)

Both AB and KL are not known as dirty players. We Rocket fans though should not throw our own player under the bus.

RA should do something about AB's frustration. AB should know he increases his value by playing well and helping the bench unit gel even if he doesn't score a ton of points. He should use this to develop areas other than shooting. Or he could borrow a page from KM's playbook--when you're not shooting well, bait a foul.

Shane's trade deadline humor--do you think knowing they might be traded is beginning to bother Rocket players?

19. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

At least AB act like a man and didn't stay on the floor for 5 minutes like wade did when hit on the face.

20. jlwee

jlwee Member

Brooks was surrounded by 2 Seven Footers and all his teammates just turned away.... :mad: