1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

{Vid] The Lakers + Stern's refs versus Golden State Warriors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Apr 13, 2013.

1. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Funny, that's the exact song I would have picked for the video as well. Too perfect.

2. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Something ain't right

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I detest the Lakers

However, if the warriors defenders insist on using an extended armbar, then uhhh shock horror, it'll get called?

I didn't watch it all, plenty of those calls ARE fouls. I think it's more likely the refs swallowed their whistles while the Lakers are defending...

4. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

I was thinking the same thing watching that video

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Most of the calls in that video are correct.

If there is a conspiracy, this video proves nothing.

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

some of those calls are blatantly good.

by the way, what's with making the video so dark around the edges? some of the key action is really hard to see. and 'exposing' video shouldn't be tampered with like that.

7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

*an

[​IMG]

8. clippy

clippy Member

The video shows tons of ticky-tack calls. I suppose for completion's sake it should show the similar situations that were not called for GS. For instance, there was a foul on Jarret Jack at the end of the game that was worse than almost every foul in that video, but the refs didn't call it.

Also, that foul on Curry at the end was a joke as that was a moving screen, and if anything, Dwight should have been shooting the FTs. And what about Artest holding Ezeli and Ezeli getting the foul? That's a no call if I've ever seen one. And let's not get started with the "foul" when Kobe got injured.

You guys are trying so hard to dismiss the remotest possibility that the league is fixing games that you are ignoring the real information presented here. Also, why is it that in the past 20 games Utah & Dallas are at the bottom of FTA and the Lakers are at the top?

1 person likes this.
  9. Swishh

Swishh Member

10. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Great post!

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If I'm correct, in the last 5+ games, Dallas also had one of the biggest drop in FTs attempted per game compared to their season average.

12. pacmania

pacmania Member

13. pacmania

pacmania Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qjRcTiwVEwo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. NateNate

NateNate Member

At this point, I can imagine Dwight or Gasol shooting a free throw and getting a foul called during the shot

15. loox

loox Member

This could happen to any other team, including the Rockets! If NBA only cares about big markets like L.A. or NYC, fans in other cities should never pay the NBA for any of its products! Welcome to thefirstrow :)

16. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

In 3 games, Lakers have shot 100 FTs. NBA would never say favoritism, but in general they prefer Lakers in the playoffs than Jazz, or even Rockets. Pretty interesting game if Lakers need this last game against the Rockets, I want to see how the refs behave. I'm sure they want the Laker clinch before the game, so it wouldn't be that blatant.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Why would Dwight want to leave LA if the team he's on always gets the calls?

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

50-16 is rediculas... But most of those look like fouls in real time speed. Can't really see that they were bad calls unless its in slow motion

19. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Our series against Dallas in 05 was just as bad as that 02 series! Of course that one doesn't get the same recognition because of the lack of two letters "LA"

20. kumakun

kumakun Member

Maybe the Chinese man make a sense when asking Harden why he no play OKC since he know how to best them?? Garden decided yeah you know what let's go kick my old teammates ass so in reality this game was entirely planned.