1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Vid] Spurs - The Beautiful Game

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sew, May 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. sew

sew Member

I'm jealous.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-6NbJMq-QfU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 people like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ask yourself If Spurs would be a big market like LA.

They would not go down the way they did.

2 decades of keeping together their core. All about perspective and their situation.
    They did well for a small to medium sized market.

3. Fefo

Fefo Member

some of those manu passes are just sick.

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

There were times last season (2012-2013) when the Rockets looked that like. It wasn't consistent, but there were moments of brillance.

I don't remember any point this year where they had the same flow.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Nah. What you need is a third star.

-- Daryl Morey

6. chandlerbang21

Brings a tear to my eye to see beautiful team basketball. Better looking than rockets iso ball

7. torocan

torocan Member

Or, if the Spurs were the flagship LA franchise, the NBA might look very different today.

Fans and the NBA tend to adopt the most popular (IE lucrative) styles of play. MJ (and superstar ISO ball) wouldn't have had nearly the impact on the NBA if Chicago didn't win so many titles.

And the Showtime Lakers looked a LOT more like the Spurs than the Bulls or Miami.

8. omgTHEpotential

Spurs are amazing. Huge amount of credit goes to Pop for making his players play this way.

9. ekingjames12

ekingjames12 Contributing Member

I'm not going to lie. It brought a tear to my eye also. I wonder if I'd have the same reaction without the music...

Probably......

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I can't believe how fluid their offense is. My god.
    Makes me believe the Rockets will never have a chance to win a championship with this lineup. :(
    I honestly think Spurs are going to win the chip this year.

11. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

BEAUTIFUL...OMFG.

Go Spurs Go!!!

12. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

It's because our offensive flow is different from last year. Having dwight post ups and players taking turn shooting in the half court does that I guess. Last year I thought it was a really great start to the team development. It seems like we didn't improve, but only regressed. The team has a ton of things to work on. I actually liked the team we had last year - but I understand that the team has to develop around the stars - but also have to understand the stars have to develop around playing as a team.

spurs = top tier team basketball. granted they have the advantage of developing their core for years now, and a great coach.

13. hardLINer

hardLINer Member

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

how did they lose all their games against us this year

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

b/c while we were winning useless regular season games, they were experimenting with lineups that could have success in certain situations...

As Coach Nick of BBallbreakdown says...watching the Spurs play is watching coaching p*rn! I got chills from watching this video

16. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My favorite kind of basketball. Like someone said in the video "You can't run faster than the basketball." It's such a simple concept, but so few teams embrace it.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

they won 62 "uselss" regular games as well, or do they only experiment with lineups when they play against the Rockets

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

See when they experiment with lineups, they dont do so with the intention of losing... See the Rockets also won 3-1 vs the Blazers during the regular season, only to get beat in 6 during the playoffs...so yea regular season sweeps really dont matter much.

19. mario_v

mario_v Member

All the credit goes to pop and his system. He always gets the most out of his teams. Everyone is so focused on individual superstars making a team, when it should be the other way around.

I wish the league embraced more of a ball movement, team working as one aspect. They remind me a lot of those old adelman Sacramento kings teams. It was beautiful to watch.

20. VanityHalfBlack