1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

VGA's Phantom Pain Trailer. Speculation It's Metal Gear Solid V

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mvpcrossxover, Dec 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Gametrailers
    <div style="background-color:#000000;width:968px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:video:gametrailers.com:569e757c-337c-4fd4-8259-b42f9b985882" width="960" height="540" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div>

Youtube Link
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t1ZQ5XBCmzs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Screenshots for the trailer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 mvpcrossxover, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  2. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Looks bizarre enough.

And the main(?) does look like Snake, mullet-tastic haircut and all.

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Posted about this a bit on Friday (a general "VGAs" thread), though there was less info (and no direct link to the trailer by itself) and I was being a little less direct about calling this MGS. So might have gotten missed.

But it is MGS.

I posted this link in the other thread:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503254
    NeoGAF users basically piecing together evidence that this is MGS.

I love this Twitter page (and think there was a similar Wiki, not sure if still up):
    https://twitter.com/JNmogren

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

Whoever did the soundtrack for that trailer did an amazing job. THat was freaky. Excellent trailer. Wish I kept up with this franchise after the first one.

5. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

my bad, didn't pay attention

merge mod?

6. RC Cola

There were no other posts, so no point in merging (and I already posted the good stuff from that thread). :eek: Plus I had other, non-MGS stuff in there.

Back on-topic, good work by Kojima and crew. It was probably a little too obvious, but I loved what they did here.

Actually would be interesting if this was a brand new game (and I guess there's a 1% or so chance of that), but still an interesting way to promote MGS.

7. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

wait, i thought Ground Zero was MGS 5. so confused.

8. RC Cola

It isn't clear what's going on there. I believe they said Ground Zeroes is NOT MGS5. It is a "prologue" to another game in the series.

Whether that means Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes are the same game (or 2 different ones) is unclear, as is what is MGS5 (could just be that Ground Zeroes is a prologue to the action in MGS5/Phantom Pain, maybe like the beginning of MGS2). Actually, MGS5 was Peace Walker, though I guess Kojima no longer refers to it as such.

It was also implied that Ground Zeroes was NOT "Project Ogre," which is a game Kojima is/was working on. I find it hard to believe they'd have so many (MGS) games being developed at once though (with public reveals), so I'm thinking some/all are actually the same thing.

I guess it doesn't really matter. Should get good results regardless (not like they're outsourcing any of this to another developer).

9. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Ground Zeroes is a prologue to MGS 5 but after Peace Walker I don't think they're going with numbers or numerals anymore. They probably just go with Metal Gear Solid : *Insert Sub Name Here* approach. I don't like because it's kind of hard to follow.

Metal Gear Solid 3 shouldn't have a 3 after it at all. Should have just call it Metal Gear Solid: Naked Snake.

We'll probably not going to see any more info about Phantom Pain. He's going to wait for at least 2 years then we get another teaser about it.

10. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Whatever it is, I hope it doesnt come out on the PS3, or if it does, it comes out by next summer, and then they wait on the follow up to it for another few years to coincide with the release of a next gen system.

11. RC Cola

It looks comparable to Ground Zeroes, which already is confirmed for PS3/360. Don't think that game will be out before next summer. If this is a new game that will require another 2-3 years of dev beyond GZ, then maybe they'll push it to next-gen (but why reveal now?).

edit: Forgot that the webpage for the "studio" listed 360/PS3 IIRC, though that can be ignored I guess.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's an official Next Gen Release.

13. RC Cola

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not official, but Moby Dick Games said it will be Next Gen.

15. RC Cola

Where? Their website lists PS3/360 (as does the Wiki for the game). Regardless, they're not a real studio (and next-gen consoles aren't out, so some devs just say PS3/360 anyway, so there's that too).

I've actually seen very few "official" comments from the "studio."

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

On their official twitter.

17. RC Cola

They don't have a Twitter. Probably a fake account.

http://www.mobydickstudio.se/en/

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You're right, just read an interview where the main developer debunked all alleged twitter accounts.

Yung-T faints.

19. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Sony already sent out the ps4 dev kits for game developers.

20. RC Cola

Sorry, probably didn't word that correctly. Devs have had a LOT of time with next-gen dev kits, but I was basically just saying that since they haven't been announced/revealed/released/etc., developers may not "officially" say their game is a next-gen game just yet. Hence "PS3/360 or maybe other platforms." Especially so if they don't have a PC release (or the PC isn't their target audience).