1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Veterans Day

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by the shark, Nov 12, 2017.

1. the shark

the shark Member

To all the Veterans......THANK YOU!!!!

2. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Thank you for your service, but ummm....wasn't Veteran's Day yesterday?

3. the shark

the shark Member

Yes and I didn't see a thread so better late then never.

jsingles likes this.
  4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Thank you to all that serve or have served. I appreciate what you do for us and the sacrifices you make.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

My wife is supposed to be starting her new job on Monday. They have been remiss on contacting her with details so far. Her text to her contact there sent this morning is, "Happy Veterans Day." (Which he is a veteran.) "Just waiting to hear from HR etc etc..."

I was like, "Hey, no Happy Veterans Day for me? All those years I was away from the family....?" (Living in Italy. Loved every second. Working vacation.)

boomboom likes this.
  6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Happy Veterans Day to everyone and in particular to my father and grandfather who both served in Vietnam.

boomboom likes this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wish Happy Veterans day to all those who served on this first Veterans day when the US doesn't have troops in Afghanistan or Iraq. Remember also for many veterans the war doesn't end when they fighting stops but many are still suffering from PTSD and many other issues that will be with them for the rest of their lives.

Blatz likes this.
  8. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Had breakfast with a group of veterans this morning. Two from Vietnam, two from Iraq, and one from Afghanistan. One was in a humvee that hit an IED back in Iraq during the 90s. He has some brain damage that impairs his movements and he's dealing with PTSD. I got a call from his wife this morning telling me he has been up since a thunderstorm rolled by last night and wanted to know if we all could start our breakfast a little early. He's been managing it pretty good but every now and then it hits him hard.

It was a good morning with great company.

9. Nook

Nook Member

People like to say "thank you for your service" and act as if veterans are put on a pedestal but as someone that has involvement, the reality is that veterans are often treated poorly, taken advantage of by their government and dropped back in civilian life poor and having spent their prime years for establishing employment and education making other people wealthy.

10. Roscoe Arbuckle

I sent my vet friends the best notice. Free Perry's Pork Chop.