1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

very honest and interesting interview with a Muslim Cleric on "What is Islam"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SunsRocketsfan, Oct 31, 2010.

1. SunsRocketsfan

Im sure not all Muslim's agree with this guy but this guy is very honest and well spoken on his views

Just thought I would share

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S7KSHy34zyY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S7KSHy34zyY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Scary - and I fear he may be right about a lot of Muslims agreeing with him "behind closed doors".

He should be sent to Gitmo

1 person likes this.
  3. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Lions, tigers, bears, oh my!

You must not sleep very well at night worrying about how people think and act behind closed doors!

4. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

......its funny how much air time this guy gets, if anyone wants to know how dangerous Islam is, put idiots like him on. Yet anyone who is in the middle gets no time to speak their mind, no wonder majority of Americans don't trust Muslims. It seems like the cycle of hate will continue to grow.....

1 person likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

^It's the Tea Bag mentality for screening "authenticity". The more crazy and outrageous the speaker is, the more truthier they be.

"I've dabbled in witchcraft, and I will lower taxes!"

Well I might not jive with pagan worship, but at least I know she'll be honest about the taxes!

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it explains why the tea baggers think all muslims are out to get them. They see a few jokers like this guy get played 500 times on media and then assume it represents a billion + people.

Meanwhile, they let their own advocate killing off all muslims as a defense:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hrItCt-1ccg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hrItCt-1ccg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The people I fear aren't the crazy Muslims half way around the world. It's the people that live near by who have all this fear and anger being fanned by folks like Savage, Glenn Beck, and co.

Look what it has done to the right-wing posters on this board. They clearly buy into it now and I think it's scary how much so. Instead of solving problems like our deteriorating infrastructure, our pathetic education system, the fact that companies are using the gov't to help them take jobs to China....they get away with terrible gov't by telling people to be afraid of gays, immigrants, and muslims...and liberals.

It's really sad. My hope only is that moderate Americans are sensible enough to see through the junk and will never let them execute their radical agenda and ruin this great country of ours.

1 person likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

That's an interesting point. But I think it's merely a fact that they "selectively" pick information that reinforces their prejudices and ignore information that clearly shows how silly they are.

8. bigtexxx

I've long said that moderate Muslims should push to get more air time, and it puzzles me why they don't take it upon themselves to do so. Their religion has been drug through the mud time and time again by the Islamic radicals (yet another round last week with the Yemen mail bombs...).

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Why don't you ask FOX?

10. ChievousFTFace

Maybe you should stop lumping moderate, hardworking, educated, tax-paying people in with a-hole terrorists. I guess that would be the rational thing to do... Can you at least try?

11. bigtexxx

Objection: relevance

Please read my post again, brah. You love to hurl insults and slander me, even making up things I "said" out of thin air. Please try harder to keep the D&D civil. TIA

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Coming from you that is hilarious. You insult people's intelligence and then call other posters out for civil behavior? Classic.

13. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Nothing moderate gets air time on the 24-hour news cycle. Moderation doesn't attract viewers, and things that don't attract viewers don't make advertising revenue for the networks.

14. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder what Osama bin Laden has to say.

15. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Haha... push to get more airtime? You act like they have a choice of whether to appear on news channels or not. In case you didn't know, news channels choose their own content. Would we even be commenting on this video if it were the views of a non-extremist Muslim?

16. ChievousFTFace

Wow you are obsessed with yourself.

Bigtexxx posting style:

1. Take cheap pot-shots at target to get off the defensive.
    2. Use the word "brah" in a failed attempt to sound cool.
    3. Claim the target is being irrational, uncivil and slanderous (ooooooooh).
    4. Run away.

17. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Are you just saying he's "well spoken" because of his British accent?

Everything he said is ridiculous.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I like how the host handled this freak. The sad thing is that there are a few posters on this site whose way of thinking is not very far from this guy's.

1 person likes this.
  19. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

This is him in college (link):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. SunsRocketsfan

How the heck did this thread turn into a tea party and fox bashing thread??
    You guys really are ridiculous.

Anyways there are a lot of muslims that believe the same way as this guy. I dont think you can deny that fact. Are there a lot that are opposed to his views of course there are but you can't simply just ignore him and like minded individuals like him