1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vernon Maxwell twitter goat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Jun 30, 2015.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is him, it's been verified.
    it's obvious it's him.

He's repaired his relationship with the Rockets.
    http://rockets.clutchfans.net/8275/vernon-maxwell-houston-rockets-michael-jordan/
    Vernon Maxwell speaks openly about… everything
    MARCH 19, 2015 11:52 AM

By Clutch142 Comments

[​IMG]

If you know the Rockets history, you’re aware that Vernon Maxwell has basically been a ghost in Houston since his NBA playing days. So it was a huge surprise that Maxwell agreed to come to the Toyota Center for the Rockets Championship Reunion Thursday night at halftime of the Rockets game against the Denver Nuggets.

In fact, getting the chance to talk to Maxwell was such a catch that I bailed immediately on a Rudy Tomjanovich interview the moment I saw Maxwell started speaking to the media.

Mad Max didn’t disappoint.

Maxwell spoke openly about his days with the Rockets and the unfortunate end when he and the team parted ways after Game 1 of their first round playoff series against the Utah Jazz in 1995. Maxwell admitted he felt “disrespected” by the trade for Clyde Drexler and said he regrets how he handled it.

“I handled it the wrong way,” said Maxwell. “I shouldn’t have left the way I left. I got upset because they brought Clyde in and nobody ever said anything to me about the trade. I just felt like they disrespected me. Then we went to Utah and played in Utah the first game. I didn’t really play and I felt disrespected again.”

“I overreacted like I normally do,” added Maxwell. “Bad decision. I wish it wouldn’t have happened.”

He also talked about his much-discussed defense on Michael Jordan.

“I wanted to fight him, really,” said Maxwell of Jordan. “That’s what I really wanted to do.”

And the idea that the Rockets won championships because Jordan went to play baseball?

“Google it,” said Maxwell. “I say just Google the times we played them. They couldn’t beat us. Like we couldn’t beat Seattle? If we get past Seattle, we get to the championship and we knock Chicago off. We were a team they couldn’t match up against.”

There’s so much more here to write, but to get you started, check out the full interview:

2. tinman

Supporting Member

Vernon Maxwell Proves You Can Go Home
    http://houston.cbslocal.com/2015/03/19/vernon-maxwell-proves-you-can-go-home/

Both Maxwell and his teammates were clear that any disrespect did not come from within the team. “The thing that ended it with Vernon, that’s something that was management. His relationship was always strong,” said former teammate Robert Horry. “People always ask me, if you have to pick one guy you wanna go on the court and battle with, I tell them Vernon. Forget Shaq, forget Dream, forget Kobe, you know because I know Vernon is gonna fight until the end. He’s that type of guy if you cut half his leg off, he’s still gonna be dragging out there trying to give you his all. That’s one of the things we respect about him, so that’s why we said whatever happened between you and management happened. We are still gonna want you on this team if you wanna be here. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out that way,” Horry added.

3. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I'll be honest here... I completely expected Vernon to be on the same path as Steve Francis after retiring. Thrilled to see he has it together now

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Why does he look 15 years younger than Mobley and Francis?

BigMaloe, Killatron 2000 and tinman like this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

He looks 25 years younger than Francis

BigMaloe and Ramo$e like this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Greg Oden looks 25 years younger than Francis.

tinman likes this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

Poor Steve
    He needs help

BigMaloe and Zboy like this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Even Mutombo looks younger than Francis.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Did you record that in an ultra wide screen mode?

He looks stretched.

11. Rickem

Rickem Member

Wow this is so cool hearing about those days again. 1994 five of Smith, Max, Horry, OT, and Hakeem will be my favorite starting 5 of all time bar none.

I also thought Drexler would be coming off the bench when that trade went down... sounds so silly looking back.
    I always imagine if game 1 had been a win vs Utah Max wouldn't have quit and he'd be a huge Rockets legend today, and not have gone through the time of his name being dragged on this board when it first popped up!

Thanks for the link!

12. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

I wasn't around back then, but it sounds like it wasn't all Max's fault... It sounds like management could have done a better job of communicating and keeping him in the loop at least.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

After the Rockets won the title, they didn't give Maxwell a contract extension and then they later traded for Drexler.

Maxwell's personality was similar to Ron Artest's minus the rap songs on youtube.

Look at how many Rockets are on this
    http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/05/the-craziest-players-in-nba-history/

TracywtFacy likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

15. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

This is freaking awesome.....

Zboy, BigMaloe, tinman and 1 other person like this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

How did he recognize Adrian Caldwell

BigMaloe likes this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

heypartner and tinman like this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

heypartner likes this.
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's no wonder Vernon looks scared to death in that pic.... it's like he's thinking "I hope I didn't tweet anything crazy about this fool"

20. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]