1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

VASILIS SPANOULIS - Euroleague MVP of the week

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ralph, Nov 11, 2005.

1. ralph

ralph Member

2. micah1j

micah1j Member

We could use some of that shooting from our guards.

3. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

The grass is always greener on the other side... :(

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

...of the Atlantic.

6. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

better news than him getting hurt or not playing at all. he will be our darkhorse euro rookie next year mark my words

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

It sure would be nice if Spano could actually be a player for the Rockets...him and Luther would certainly provide us the quickest backcourt we have had in ages.

Tho that would depend on if Spano can play VG D...Luther can but the Euro is a unknown quantity at this point.

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

=Boki= power will never die.

9. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

It's good to see that he's doing well!!!!

10. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I doubt it. this kid is good. i've seen him play a couple of times now, and really impressed. for a guy of his Stature, he plays well. good handels, passing is'nt great, but he does look to get others involved. shooting is good. i think he can be a very sold backup player in this league.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I guess he didn't get the Rockets contract with "guaranteed playing time" that he was supposedly negotiating last season...

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yeah. I think that hurt both parties. He should have joined the Rockets without that demand. I think given that he is a good shooter and a tough competitor, he would have gotten playing time on this team anyways. On the flip side, given the lack of outside shooting so far on this team, JVG could have yielded to his demand and used him. But knowing JVG, he is not going to concede to someone who has not even played a single NBA game.

On the bright side, this means more playing time for Luther head to develop his game. :)

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm not convinced that we will ever see him in a Rockets uniform.

Wouldn't he basically be taking a pay cut to come over here since that Rockets are not going to give a big contract for him and they would have to use a big part of the MLE to sign him next year?

I will admit that he has my curiosity up but I am not convinced that he will be the next great point guard in this league.