1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Varejao and Cavs are far apart

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by kingkow, Oct 21, 2007.

1. kingkow

kingkow Member

linky

October 21, 2007 -- CONTINUED

I'm sure Don Nelson has explained the facts of life to his former assistant: The Nuggets are not the Warriors and George Karl is not Don Nelson.

Early leader for the Bomar Brain Award (for the little dummy in all of us) is Earl Boykins, who gave up this season's $3 million guarantee to become a free agent, another term for unemployed.

Another worthy candidate is Damon Jones, one of the NBA's best at shooting off his mouth, for incessantly demanding a trade and actually believing there's a sucker out there who'll take his $8.5 million, two- year guarantee.

How financially far apart are the Cavaliers and Anderson Varejao? He wants $9 million per for six years, they refuse to pay him more than starter Drew Gooden ($6.4 million). . . . Just one long glance at Marquis Daniels and I'm con vinced either Danny Granger or Mike Dun leavy will lose their starting spot. Vigorous and versatile after a season plagued by in jury, there's every rea son to believe he'll be the Pacers second lead ing scorer be hind Jer maine O'Neal. . . . Rookies Acie Law and Al Horford are ready to contrib ute from the git- go, Hawks GM Billy Knight as serts. Law may even start at the point, though veteran Anthony Johnson's leadership may be obligatory for such a young team.

Within the space of six months, the Warriors attained the second round of the playoffs and the ninth lowest rung on payroll scale - by subtracting Dunleavy, Troy Murphy, Jason Richardson and Adonal Foyle. . . . No Spur is more improved than Francisco Elson, determined to depose Fabricio Oberto and regain the regular lineup. . . . After struggling with Mike D'Antoni's system last season, Marcus Banks appears to have earned a spot in the Suns' rotation. . . . Elton Brand is so far away from returning from a ruptured Achilles tendon (the Clippers have yet to set a due date), Robert Horry will be in game shape before him.

Unless Miami can arrange a sign-and-trade with the Cavs involving Sasha Pavlovic, rest assured he won't sign for what's left ($3.1 million) of its cap space. That's only $300,000 more than Cleveland's qualifying offer he summarily rejected. . . . Exceptionally respected referee Hugh Evans, retired several years, is fully recovered from a stroke and again is a fixture on the golf course.

This just in: The Nets have offered Kerry Kittles for Kobe Bryant.

peter.vecsey@nypost.com

-----------------------------------

This is just insane. 9 mil per year? I remember we only paid stro 6 mil a year.
    Why does Varejao thinks he deserves that type of money?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would offer the Cavs.

Rafer, Hayes, Novak, Snyder & JL3 for Varejao...

DD

#2 DaDakota, Oct 21, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

And you would give him $54MM/6yrs? Ain't no way. Scola is already better than he is.

4. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

yeah, offer then Synder all day long, just dont move our beloved Snyder though.

5. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

because hes a center with potential and all centers with potential get overpaid. But out of all the up and coming centers(Biedrins, Chandler, Curry, Dalembert), Varejao probably has the least potential. Varejao and his agent must be delusional for expecting 9 mil a year for 6 years for someone who, in his best season averaged 6 points and 6 rebounds. Especially with his pretty horrible foul rate. Trading for him and paying him what he wants would put us in cap hell for the next 6 years.

6. DaDakota

Fixed...thanks !

:D

7. snc

snc Member

I really hate this guys game.

I would not offer them Rafer straight up.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

SSB is a decent glue guy and all.. but 54 mil is outrageous and he and his agent Dan Fegan can stick the 54 mil up their asses.

9. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

This is why all the kids in the ghetto are always dreaming....apparently u can have no real skills shooting da rock, but u can still sit on the bench and collect millions of dollars
    He is NOT a 9mil/yr player. What is Battier's contract? $6mil/yr? are u willing to pay Varejao more than Battier? What potential does he have? i still remember this one shot...
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_RKVmVmRKQ8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_RKVmVmRKQ8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    *warning explicit language in the video
    but then i hope the Cavs overpays him so they will have no money to sign other players

10. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Carlitto is not worth that much. There are a lot of big bodies lately that are showing good talent. Carlitto is definitely not worth Gooden money.

11. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_RKVmVmRKQ8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_RKVmVmRKQ8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    *warning explicit language in the video

Haha, who the hell was he trying to fake? His defender was a good 6 feet away when he pump faked and drove in for the ridiculous spin.

12. kingkow

kingkow Member

It is definitely Dan Fegan's fault.

Look what happened to Yi? Now still with the bucks after all those complaining. Man Dan Fegan is really out of his mind. Heard that Sasha is also his customer, well good luck

13. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

Sasha's agent is someone else.
    Yi's situation had more to do with his team on the Chinese side than Fegan.

14. pli777

pli777 Member

HA! Big mouth big hair little talent.

He's gonna end up like bonzi and bonzi's got skills.

15. George Gervin

George Gervin Member

I don't think I have ever seen a worse trade proposal in my life.

16. DaDakota

LOL - none of those people are essential......

17. bucket

bucket Member

LOL- looks like Rafer may start this year.......

18. DaDakota

Perhaps, but that doesn't make him essential, each one of those players has a better option already on the team.

Rafer - Mike James
    Hayes - Scola & Varejao

The rest are all people who may be cut.

DD

19. bucket

bucket Member

I think Rick Adelman may have a different opinion of the value of those players than you do. And I bet Morey would rather have Chuck at his current salary than Varejao at $9MM/year.

20. wingz0

wingz0 Member

LOL! I'm sorry, but Varejao is not better than Hayes. Despite having something like 4 inches on Hayes, Varejao's rebound rate is nowhere near Hayes's. Charge-taking, they're probably about the same. And unlike Varejao who bricks half his layups, Chuck at least finishes adequately well round the rim.

You're proposing 5 players for Varejao at NINE MILLION per year for the next 6 years? Hahaha, you can do better DaDa, you can do better.