1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uverse league Pass Broadband issues

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketFan34, Nov 30, 2008.

1. RocketFan34

RocketFan34 Contributing Member

I live in Round Rock TX and have AT&T Uverse for tv. I signed up for nba broad band and I am having issues with black outs. Is anyone else having this issue. With Uverse I get FSN Dallas, FSN Houston, and FSN San Antonio. The games on FSNH have always been blacked out because I live to close to San Antonio. The crazy thing is tonights game is not blacked out and i can watch it through my cable provider (Uverse).

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I have Uverse in Houston and all Rockets games get blacked out on NBALP Broadband. One evening I was in Tulsa and was able to watch the Rockets.

Regarding your regular service, it's a mistake tonight's Rockets game isn't blocked out on FSNH for you.

3. RocketFan34

When I called NBALP broadband tonight. They told me they blackout games based on your billing address and your ip address. So if you live in houston the games should always be blacked out regardless of your ip address. They told me that was why the rockets game was blacked out for me in Round Rock. I told them I am more than 150 miles away from houston and that I should not be blacked out. I did find out that Uverse is using a server in Washington DC for me and that is why the New Jersey game was also blacked out for me. I am also praying more games are not balcked out on my Uverse FSN Houston ;)

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Interesting, maybe that's why I get some games blacked out for no reason.

5. RocketFan34

Just curious if you live in Houston why do you subscibe to NBALP?

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They are having major issues with their service, I am in Austin, and I get the Rockets games blacked out sometimes too.

I reported it...gave them my IP, I hope they rectify the issue.

My billing address is in Austin, they need to clean up their mess.

DD

7. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

why is it that LP broadband pass blocked out Rockets game in Austin? is it always like this?

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Because in addition to being a Rockets fan, I'm an NBA addict.

9. RocketFan34

I have seen all the Rockets games on broad band so far, but tonight was blacked out. Not sure why yet.

10. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

Uverse is showing its true colors....

I hated comcast's customer support but i didn't really have issues after I got connected. Now when Imoved to Uverse, everyday is hell. And quality is terrible.

FAQ UVERSE.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What is the telephone number?

12. DaDakota

I think they may believe we are in the Denver area with our IP addys.

DD

13. RocketFan34

1-888-622-0178

14. RocketFan34

No my Uverse IP is out of Washington DC (Don't know why, but they confirmed it). They tried to tell me the game was blacked out because of my billing address. I finally convinced them Round Rock was not in the Houston viewing area. They told me that they would forward it on up the food chain for someone to look into it.

15. RocketFan34

I don't blame uverse for my problems. I blame NBALP broadband. It is total BS that they blackout games based on billing address and ip address. They should pick one not both. Afterall a person cannot be in two places at once. They need to get their act together. I do plan on calling Uverse to see if I can get a local ip.

16. Ngadban

Ngadban Member

I just installed U-verse at the end of last week, left for houston, came back and caught the last minute of the rockets game on FSN-H. Do you mean to tell me, that because I am located in downtown Austin (78705), that I will not be able to watch future games and tonights was a fluke?

17. RocketFan34

That is highly possible. Usually the games are blacked out. Not sure what happened tonight. But I am praying that it happens more often.

18. DaDakota

Is that the league pass phone number?

DD

19. RocketFan34

Did you try the high def feed? I tried it and the program information was there, but the no programming black screen appeared.

20. RocketFan34

I think it is specific for NBALP broadband.